Updating my Tom Tom 930 get error

Also I asked about Battery problem about my Tom Tom 930 I am surprised nobody has answered it yet here-
https://www.tomtomforums.com/threads/tom-tom-930-battery-runs-out-quickly.31564/
Or is there nothing one can do about it ?
Answers/solutions have started to come in there as of 05:13 EDT.

Latitude and longitude co-ordinates which one has made at a specific locations and you wish to go back to it in the future ? I guess you call them favourites ? Sometimes you can use Details/ Demo to show how to get there.
Did you ever make your own POIs and POI categories?

Read this post, starting with canderson's reply as it is applicable to what you want to do.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/threads/favorites-to-poi.31557/#post-187259

Yes that too, are old route itineraries saved or need to copy them .ITN folders after map updates ?
The old NAV2 system ITNs could already not be ported over to the NAV3 generation and also not to the current NAV4 devices.

How many ITN files have you saved?

Again, I'd always keep a full backup of your unit on your PC, but I have never had an *.itn file touched during a map update. They aren't in the map folder.

As for your battery issue, HUH? Three of us replied there yesterday. Are you not seeing those replies? We're all saying that either it will need to be plugged in 100% of the time you use it (and sometimes, even that won't work after a while), or you need to replace that battery. No lithium ion pack should be expected to last any longer than yours has done. It's estimated that they drop 10% per year in capacity even if you never use them and try to keep them at the ideal 1/2 charge. Your 930's battery pack would have been produced in 2007~2008, so you can see why it's not performing the way it used to do.

I think we all responded to the primary "What should I do ?" question, and we're assuming you got the hint! :rolleyes: It's really not a bad job apart from the adhesive they use at the factory to glue the buggers in originally. Just be careful of the locking tab on the flex cable connector. It barely needs to be lifted to release the cable. We've had people try to bring it up to 90 degrees or some other wild angle, and that WILL break them. Give it a go, and if things get difficult, let us know and we can walk you through it. We've all been there at one time or another.

Ask a Question