TT XL Live IQ routes - Freezing/Rebooting

How do I make an explorer backup with a Mac?

Not a PC user here...How do I go about making an equivalent backup using a Macintosh?

Returning my TT today..

After SIX calls to customer service, re-installing everything, doing the same thing over and over again per customer service (who seem to be reading scripts and don't know a thing about actually fixing the TT) I'm returning my unit and getting a Nuvi.

I have never had problems with my GPS devices in the past like this, however, I have never been a TT user before either.

Back to Garmin...

After SIX calls to customer service, re-installing everything, doing the same thing over and over again per customer service (who seem to be reading scripts and don't know a thing about actually fixing the TT) I'm returning my unit and getting a Nuvi.

I have never had problems with my GPS devices in the past like this, however, I have never been a TT user before either.

Back to Garmin...

Similar expirience here,, no matter what is done thing just reboot on route calculation. Just a week out of warranty and TT say too bad,, they offered 10$ on a new one tho! What a Joke!!!
Shopping for a Nuvi now. Probably a 265WT.
For those of you fighting the lockup - reboot issues,,, good luck.

Found a fix/the problem

I found this forum after updating my tomtom live XL mapshare and speed cameras. After following all the tips on here it was still randomly rebooting and crashing on route calculation. Eventually I deleted all the speed camera updates, fuel station updates and config files from the European maps directory. It has been behaving ever since. However, should I choose to update the cameras again... it goes back to the same problem.
It doesnt help that the speedcamera files download corrupted from the TT Home application (it comes up with errors and alerts tom tom apparently!) anyhow, suffice to say TT tech support where hopeless and for the price of the product, the spam emails and nagging to spend a fortune on new maps ,we wont be buying another TT Product.
Unfortunately I suspect other people will keep blindly going with the brand. Essentially, if your device gets corrupted by an update out of warranty, forget it. TT will jsut ask for more money.

Ask a Question