XL Live IQ routes "no maps found"

TomTom Model(s)
XL Live IQ routes
6 weeks ago I paid tomtom for a map update and the tomtom has not worked since just displaying "no maps found".

When downloading the maps it said it couldnt store all the maps and I had to select a region, where I selected northern europe.

I have tried a soft reset, downloaded the clear cache program and ran that a few times, also removing the map in question and reloading it.

All to no avail, help please the tech support from TOM TOM has been no use so far.

I found the downloaded map and tried installing that manually but there was not enough space. So I deleted the maps of the tomtom drive, then started the extraction again. The extraction process froze twice and would not run?

Help I have wasted what must be days now on this problem?

pc - I managed to get them extracted into the tomtom and put into a different folder after deleting the orginal maps file. No joy the tom tom still says no maps found

ps it wouldn't make a back up, it didn't recognise lots of files with descriptions that were effectively squares symbols. If I sound like I don't know what I'm talking about its because I don't.

Sounds as if the downloaded file itself may have been corrupt. If you did extract them to a folder on the unit, the folder needed to be exactly named properly to match the map name itself.

You know, you might want to start over........

If you go here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\

and rename the folder I highlighted to Downloadsold and then connect your unit to Home, you should be offered the map again when you select 'Update my Unit'.

So.............
1. Make an Explorer, not Home backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-how-restore.html

2. Use Explorer to delete the folder you extracted the files to in the first place.

3. Get the map to download again and try to let Home do the install.

Also, make sure you are using a computer directly connected to the router/modem (not a wireless connection) for the map download.

DHN - I did everything that you said above and have just restarted the device and the same thing "no maps found". So no joy yet.

Ask a Question