XL Live IQ Routes Rebooting loop after update

TomTom Model(s)
IQ Live
I recently updated my device with the latest software update and after working for about 5 hours, it restarted and then went into a loop of turning off and rebooting, never getting past the start screen and sometimes the blue background screen.

I have removed the application via Home and installed the first available update when I check for updates.

This one then makes the device work, but it seems to be very old software from what the screen looks like when navigating and I recall making an update a good few months ago which changed what the screen looks like.

Also, with the old software currently installed it also seems to miss routes it suggested when using the the most up to date software prior to the latest one which breaks it.

I would like to use the software that gave me the 'new look' but now (with the old software) when I perform the next update Home suggests, this is what breaks it.

Have TT fixed this problem yet as I am seriously considering trying a different make after spending many hours trying to fix and getting generic answers from TT support which haven't helped in the slightest.

Thanks

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sounds (unless your model has a dedicated reset hole).

If that doesn't help................

Connect to Home and use the emulator (Operate my unit) to add a favourite. Disconnect properly using the device disconnect icon.

going to up[date and try the drum reset again, but not holding out any hope.

The current working version is 8.419 and now updating to 9.430.

After a bit of looking around it seems I may have had version 9.061 which I'm not given an option for.

If this is the version prior to the update to 9.430 then I'd like that one if possible.

Will update you on the drum reset.

Drum reset didn't work.

I added a favourite via the emulator but I couldn't eject until I had clicked 'Done' which takes me out of the emulator. Anyway, this doesn't seem to have worked either :eek:(

Also, use Home 2 to Manage my device and remove any speed cameras from the unit.

Ask a Question