How to import .gpx file to TomTom watch not using mysports.com website

While using GPS Quickfix in this software it shows:
"Uploading GPS Quickfix data
Configuration URL: https://mysports.tomtom.com/service/config/config.json
Quickfix data URL: https://gpsquickfix.services.tomtom.com/fitness/sifgps.f2p7enc.ee
GPS Quickfix data sent to watch
Done"
Apparently, it retrieves quickfix data from the tomtom server, so not completely independent of TT?
Ah right Clivia, i didn't realise that, thanks for that info.
I suppose it's a case of wait and see then.

Hello, i realized that if you just used the TomTom software before the new software from Blue Planet the later will not show your device.
To remedy for that, kill the TomTom software through the task manager/processes or restart your PC and make sure that the new software is started without the TomTom software running.
Regards, Pascal

Hello,
like many of you, i'm looking for a solution to continue using my tomtom watch (adventurer) after the end of september.
i tried tomtomwatch app (as said in the begening of this topic) witch seems to work fine :). Huge thanks to the developers, the fact that Tomtom leaves us without a solution is pretty crazy...
however, i also use my adventure for indoor swimming and for "gym" activities (no gps recording). Has anyone tried to "extract" these type of activities with this app ?
on swimming or gym recordings, the conversion from ttbin to gpx creates an empty gpx file, which is not uploadable on strava...
do you find solution for these activies ?

guillaume
(sorry for my english, i'm a french user)

Last edited:
Same for me: How can workouts be retrieved from TomTomWatch

Another question.
It's about TomTom Sports Connect.
I tried how it works without an internet connection: It does not.

I wonder what will happen later on at the end of September.
Will we be able to connect the device and will it display the new activities in C:\Users\HP\TomTom Sports\TomTom GPS Watch\2023-09-03 (HP is my computer name)
If so we will be able to upload all activities to Strava by importing it in Strava manually.
If not I'll be very disappointed.

Hello,
like many of you, i'm looking for a solution to continue using my tomtom watch (adventurer) after the end of september.
i tried tomtomwatch app (as said in the begening of this topic) witch seems to work fine :). Huge thanks to the developers, the fact that Tomtom leaves us without a solution is pretty crazy...
however, i also use my adventure for indoor swimming and for "gym" activities (no gps recording). Has anyone tried to "extract" these type of activities with this app ?
on swimming or gym recordings, the conversion from ttbin to gpx creates an empty gpx file, which is not uploadable on strava...
do you find solution for these activies ?

guillaume
(sorry for my english, i'm a french user)
Same for me: How can workouts be retrieved from TomTomWatch

Another question.
It's about TomTom Sports Connect.
I tried how it works without an internet connection: It does not.

I wonder what will happen later on at the end of September.
Will we be able to connect the device and will it display the new activities in C:\Users\HP\TomTom Sports\TomTom GPS Watch\2023-09-03 (HP is my computer name)
If so we will be able to upload all activities to Strava by importing it in Strava manually.
If not I'll be very disappointed.
Hi
I have found this ttbin to gpx convertor but unfortunately i can't get it to open, maybe you guys can have better luck, it says modify the tomtomconv.properties file before use so maybe that's where i'm going wrong but i don't know how to do that.
I would appreciate any feedback if you can open the software.
Zip file.

GPX stands for Global Positioning eXchange format.
That's all about positioning, not about heart rate or other data.
TTBIN converter.jpg

While using GPS Quickfix in this software it shows:
"Uploading GPS Quickfix data
Configuration URL: https://mysports.tomtom.com/service/config/config.json
Quickfix data URL: https://gpsquickfix.services.tomtom.com/fitness/sifgps.f2p7enc.ee
GPS Quickfix data sent to watch
Done"
Apparently, it retrieves quickfix data from the tomtom server, so not completely independent of TT?
From what I understand only the first link will stop working, not the second. If someone still maintains the software the first link could be redirected to QuickGPSfix for PND:
https://gpsquickfix.services.tomtom.com/fitness/sifgps.f2p7enc.ee

Keep us informed on how you got on and If you have any problems just ask, but i'm sure you will be fine.
Hello Tee & everybody interested in the topic.
I have been using the StudioBlue option (not related to TomTom) and I can give some information now. I hope it can be useful.

I use it in a laptop running windows 11 and I am not an expert.on computers. So, ready for everybody.

I followed the instructions step by step on the StudioBlue web (1 install Java, 2 install the app, 3 the adaptation for the port), and it went smoothly. No problem at all! Great!

A note: In the website it makes reference to version 1.5, however when I downloaded it, it is 1.9. No consequences for the installation.

When you have downloaded and installed it, in a folder (I allowed it did it wherever it was established by StudioBlue) you will find "TomTom Watch" with a Java icon (not TomTom Watch1.5 as somewhere says). Click there and the app will open.

I always connect first my watch. I click download (notice that the watch must appear in the first row; although my serial number appear as "unknown", I do not care & it works) and in the left window I see the files of my activities. Later I save it, and they will be in the 'working' folder of my laptop the installation has created.

After that, I can upload the fox file to the Strava account I opened. They are not connected. Actually, I always used the Tomtom website. No discussion: Strava goes light years ahead of TomTom .

In the TomTomWatch Java app, there is a button for GPS Quickf8x. Difficult to say how well it works, but in few seconds in the street my watch has the GPS signal. So, good feeling on this feature too.

Summing up:
1. It works! Easy to install and use even for a non-expert in computers like me.
2. Thanks Jorgen (the guy of StudioBlue, passionate on diving & photography that coded it for free) for sharing this real gift to us. I recommend to see his website, pictures are spectacular
3. Bad luck TomTom staff. You made anything possible to convert our watches in rubbish, but you failed. Shared intelligence is more powerful than your corporation. Next ones: learn from their failure, they could have allowed to use our devices in other platforms and they would have not upset their clients not lost reputation. They opted for being disrespectful with their clients and lost

Thanks for your update.
I disagree with 3.
My silent hope is this.
When running TomTom Sports Connect
- it does not work without an internet connection
- it saves all data in files

I sincerely hope that after the end of september the TomTom Sports Connect will still be saving the data on the computer.

However I'm afraid it won't.

Attachments

• TomTom data.jpg
    TomTom data.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 17
Hello, is anyone using the StudioBluePlanet tool in MacOS?
It seems that the tools does not detect the watch.

I have successfully followed the Studio Blue Planet download, and resolved issues from this forum post.
I was able to upload a GPX file to Strava, a great win! I didnt want to bin this watch, as the replacements are expensive (as I will one day).
I will later have a crack at running the Linux tools to see what that brings. So far, this works fine.
Shoutout thanks to those who created the software and blog explaining it all. 😁

Hello,
I have a TomTom Spark 2 watch and I'd like to continue using it for my runs.
The problems is that it's been a few years now that the cable doesn't work anymore for data transmission.
It still works for the charging part.
(Probably not a cable issue, but more of a problem related to the electrical contacts on the watch. Watch is not detected by the TomTom Sports Connect App on my Win10 PC when I plug it in, but it charges).
So the only way I upload my activities to MySports is through the Android App, for some time now, through Bluetooth.
Is there a Bluetooth alternative for me, to get my future gpx files out of the watch ?

Last edited:
Hello,
The problems is that it's been a few years now that the cable doesn't work anymore for data transmission.
(Probably not a cable issue, but more of a problem related to the electrical contacts on the watch. Watch is not detected by the TomTom Sports Connect App on my Win10 PC when I plug it in, but it charges).
So the only way I upload my activities to MySports is through the Android App, for some time now, through Bluetooth.
Is there a Bluetooth alternative for me, to get my future gpx files out of the watch ?
At the moment there doesn't appear to be an alternative Bluetooth app or program available.
That doesn't mean it cant or will happen. I don't know about the legal side if TomTom have or will let the IP rights expire or sell them on. The only thing I found on GitHub was some programs that have been able to intercept and read the BT data from the TomTom watch under the BT protocols.
You still need to develop software to read and interpret the data into a formatted form like an app or program. Then you need to apply it across at least to the most common formats in like Android, Apple, Windows, Mac. ultimately.
This all takes time and effort. If it was openware, there are community based groups that could write code for this and it would be free. Just need to feed under the right noses for any interest to appeal. (freelance developers, Uni student project etc)

Maybe there are others here on this forum that may have contacts or be part of a group that knows how to go about it?

Alternatively "ubig1ur" you should still be able to source a cable online or second hand like ebay or Amazon.

Edit: reread your post, no the Sports Connect wont connect anymore (website discontinued), cable is probably ok. The Studio Blue Planet as mentioned in this posting on the first page, try that, it worked for me.​

Last edited:
Hello Tee & everybody interested in the topic.
I have been using the StudioBlue option (not related to TomTom) and I can give some information now. I hope it can be useful.

I use it in a laptop running windows 11 and I am not an expert.on computers. So, ready for everybody.

I followed the instructions step by step on the StudioBlue web (1 install Java, 2 install the app, 3 the adaptation for the port), and it went smoothly. No problem at all! Great!

A note: In the website it makes reference to version 1.5, however when I downloaded it, it is 1.9. No consequences for the installation.

When you have downloaded and installed it, in a folder (I allowed it did it wherever it was established by StudioBlue) you will find "TomTom Watch" with a Java icon (not TomTom Watch1.5 as somewhere says). Click there and the app will open.

I always connect first my watch. I click download (notice that the watch must appear in the first row; although my serial number appear as "unknown", I do not care & it works) and in the left window I see the files of my activities. Later I save it, and they will be in the 'working' folder of my laptop the installation has created.

After that, I can upload the fox file to the Strava account I opened. They are not connected. Actually, I always used the Tomtom website. No discussion: Strava goes light years ahead of TomTom .

In the TomTomWatch Java app, there is a button for GPS Quickf8x. Difficult to say how well it works, but in few seconds in the street my watch has the GPS signal. So, good feeling on this feature too.

Summing up:
1. It works! Easy to install and use even for a non-expert in computers like me.
2. Thanks Jorgen (the guy of StudioBlue, passionate on diving & photography that coded it for free) for sharing this real gift to us. I recommend to see his website, pictures are spectacular
3. Bad luck TomTom staff. You made anything possible to convert our watches in rubbish, but you failed. Shared intelligence is more powerful than your corporation. Next ones: learn from their failure, they could have allowed to use our devices in other platforms and they would have not upset their clients not lost reputation. They opted for being disrespectful with their clients and lost
Sorry for the late reply @marianna.
I'm glad everything went well with the installation and thanks for the update.
The reason your serial number does not appear is that because you didn't install the Zadig USB driver, but it looks like it maybe not needed, only time will tell now how everything goes when TomTom stop their support in a few days time especially the Quickfix gps as @Clivia explained in this post the software uses the Tomtom server.
The quick gps does still work on the software at the moment as the tick appears next to my quickfix icon on my watch after clicking on the tab but my watch seems to pick up the gps fairly quickly without it.

Hello,
How are you sure it is not the cable but the watch?
If it were the cable (can you use the cable in another watch and check if it works?), you can solve it buying another cable. There are many non-official ones that work perfectly.

If it is the watch... I am afraid you are going to lose it, since TomTom has shown it has no respect for its clients. Although it could free or sell the code to others allowing our watches work, they have prefer to make them rubbish.

How are you sure it is not the cable but the watch?
If it were the cable (can you use the cable in another watch and check if it works?), you can solve it buying another cable. There are many non-official ones that work perfectly.

If it is the watch... I am afraid you are going to lose it, since TomTom has shown it has no respect for its clients. Although it could free or sell the code to others allowing our watches work, they have prefer to make them rubbish.
Just a small answer to thank you all.
The Studio Blue Planet Java App works like a charm, and it was indeed the cable (I had a spare one, and this one works just fine).
My last quest will be to find a new App to visualize all my past and future GPX files.
I tried the free version of Strava, but I'm not fully convinced.

By any chance, would there be an offline program to upload my gpx files to, visualize them, get some progression stats,... ?
Thinking about going full offline, since the apps I use, are shutting down one by one... (Just received a message from Google as the Google Podcast App gets discontinued too / TomTom Sports and Google Podcasts were the 2 Apps I used for my runs...)

By any chance, would there be an offline program to upload my gpx files to, visualize them, get some progression stats,... ?
Hello, for the offline program, you can try SportTracks (it has been discontinued for some years now but still works) and/or MyTourBook.

Regards, Pascal

Ask a Question