How to import .gpx file to TomTom watch not using mysports.com website

I've just noticed the Tom Tom SportsConnect for PC no longer works on my 2 x PC's
can anone help in regards to putting playlists on a TomTom Runner music watch?

PS the OOPS, SOMETHING HAS GONE WRONG MSG comes up without even connecting my watches...

Attachments

• OOPS, SOMETHING HAS GONE WRONG.jpg
    OOPS, SOMETHING HAS GONE WRONG.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 21
Thanks to all contributors for this help, yesterday using my TomTom Runner 3 watch; I did a 13.4 mile trail run and I downloaded the GPX file and uploaded to Strava with no issues. Hopefully their will be a similar fix to upload Gym + Swim TomTom activities to Strava???

For now I have put off buying a Garmin watch...

Also 2 of my TomTom Runner watches need new batteries - any advice please?
Hi Runningman,

it might be too late, but i found a solution for swimming and workout activites,
download the ttbin files from the watch to your computer (using studioblueplanet software),
Then, with the (free) website RUNALYZE, you can upload ttbin file, RUNALYZE decode it, create an activity, and then you can (re)download it in another format, compatible with strava (tcx for example), and finally upload it on strava...

it's not pratical, but it works... hope this will help you and other.
it also works with hike activity (studioblueplanet failed with 1 of my hike file, and i worked on RUNALYZE), it may be ok for other activites...
(i discover this tip 1 week ago, my tomtom adventurer died yesterday...😖 drowned during a swimming session...)

After the termination of TomTom Sports services the gps quickfix for my sportswatch does not work anymore in version 1.9. Thanks to the update to 1.10 it is working again in the Studio Blue Planet software. Unfortunately my TomTom Bandit camera with more or less the same firmware can not find a GPS Quickfix aswell. Does anybody know if there is a solution like the Blue Planet software?

Hi Runningman,

it might be too late, but i found a solution for swimming and workout activites,
download the ttbin files from the watch to your computer (using studioblueplanet software),
Then, with the (free) website RUNALYZE, you can upload ttbin file, RUNALYZE decode it, create an activity, and then you can (re)download it in another format, compatible with strava (tcx for example), and finally upload it on strava...

it's not pratical, but it works... hope this will help you and other.
it also works with hike activity (studioblueplanet failed with 1 of my hike file, and i worked on RUNALYZE), it may be ok for other activites...
(i discover this tip 1 week ago, my tomtom adventurer died yesterday...😖 drowned during a swimming session...)
Hi guigui_home,

Thank you for the info - I have just tried to download 2 x indoor cycling files.
Unfortunatley Studio Blue Planet software v1.9 and v1.10 will not download the .ttbin files for these sessions - so I can not go any further 😢
Also as we know the .GPX files for these sessions are not recognised on Strava because they are too small in file size etc.
I will have to manually enter these on strava for now.

I did get excited when Studio Blue Planet software allowed me to see the playlists for my TomTom Runner 3 - but sadly you cannot add a playlist here which what I am hoping to do...

UPDATE:
I plugged my TomTom Runner 3 Music watch into an old Windows 7 PC and it shows in devices where I can add and see playlists etc. I wonder why it does not show in devices on my Windows 10 PC???

UPDATE 2:
My added playlists do not seem to be showing up when I disconnect my watch from the PC😢

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

I think, it's not working anymore to update GPS, do you have same thing?

(Previously, before at the end, we had4 lines and something like 'GPS update done').

Tomtom finally offered possibility to download till end of October so I imagine https://mysports.tomtom.com/service/config.json displayed here not working anymore since 1st Novembere on Tomtomwatch.jar to update GPS, so, very soon I suppose, we won't be able anymore to start the watch without the updated GPS.

If somebody know how to improve Tomtomwatch.jar GPS update or site where update ?

Do you confirm no update GPS too?

1699529162547.png

Hello everybody,

I think, it's not working anymore to update GPS, do you have same thing?

(Previously, before at the end, we had4 lines and something like 'GPS update done').

Tomtom finally offered possibility to download till end of October so I imagine https://mysports.tomtom.com/service/config.json displayed here not working anymore since 1st Novembere on Tomtomwatch.jar to update GPS, so, very soon I suppose, we won't be able anymore to start the watch without the updated GPS.

If somebody know how to improve Tomtomwatch.jar GPS update or site where update ?

Do you confirm no update GPS too?

View attachment 6016
There is a new version of the studio blue planet software 1.10. This gives my TomTom Explorer a new quickgps fix.
studio blue planet 1.10.png

I have managed to make it work on a PC - won't work on my Mac, any idea why not?

BUT, only the last 2 activities will download. There are 74 activities stuck on my watch!

Can anyone help at all?

Thank you
Hi S-L
If the download most recent box is ticked it will only show the latest 2 or 3 activities so make sure it's unticked to show all activities and click download again.
As you can see below with the box ticked it only shows my 3 latest activities and unticked it shows all 7 activities stored on my watch.
I'm sure that i've read somewhere that the software is not compatible with Mac pc's.
Ticked..JPG

Unticked..JPG

Hi S-L
If the download most recent box is ticked it will only show the latest 2 or 3 activities so make sure it's unticked to show all activities and click download again.
As you can see below with the box ticked it only shows my 3 latest activities and unticked it shows all 7 activities stored on my watch.
I'm sure that i've read somewhere that the software is not compatible with Mac pc's.
View attachment 6027

View attachment 6028
Hi Tee,
Thanks for this, the "download most recent" box is unchecked, but unfortunately only 9 files have downloaded - there are over 70 that are stuck on the watch!
Any ideas?
Also, how do I delete the files that have now been downloaded? (also, without deleting the ones that I haven't yet managed to download)
Thanks again
S-L

UPDATE: I have just discovered that the 70 files that were on my watch have now disappeared. Where might they have gone?!! I doubt if I'll ever see them again.... :'(

The nine files that downloaded are still on the watch, along with another file that hasn't downloaded - any ideas why not?

Thanks for any information!
SL

Last edited:
Hi guigui_home,

Thank you for the info - I have just tried to download 2 x indoor cycling files.
Unfortunatley Studio Blue Planet software v1.9 and v1.10 will not download the .ttbin files for these sessions - so I can not go any further 😢
Also as we know the .GPX files for these sessions are not recognised on Strava because they are too small in file size etc.
I will have to manually enter these on strava for now.

I did get excited when Studio Blue Planet software allowed me to see the playlists for my TomTom Runner 3 - but sadly you cannot add a playlist here which what I am hoping to do...

UPDATE:
I plugged my TomTom Runner 3 Music watch into an old Windows 7 PC and it shows in devices where I can add and see playlists etc. I wonder why it does not show in devices on my Windows 10 PC???

UPDATE 2:
My added playlists do not seem to be showing up when I disconnect my watch from the PC😢
Just an update - I have now successfully added new playlists to my TomTom Runner music watches - so my watches live on...👍

Just an update - I have now successfully added new playlists to my TomTom Runner music watches - so my watches live on...👍

And how do you do that! With what software and in which windows version? I can copy mp3 etc to my watch incuding a m3u palylist file but it does not show up on my watch display.

Last edited:
Hi, what for you can use the gpx upload to the watch? I have the multisport version. Can it be used for navigating, or what for would someone upload gpx to the watch? Thanks.

Hello, yes , as far i know, the only reason you would like to import a GPX file in your watch would be for navigation.
Regards, Pascal

Thanks. As far as I know, the model I have doesn't have the ability to navigate. I read that only the Model Adventurer can navigate, but perhaps I'm wrong. Where exactly is the possibility to navigate in the watch's menu? I think Jörgen van der Velde, who created the app (by the way, thanks a lot :)), was using Adventurer, so this possibility for navigating wasn't meant for the other models... or not?

I'm using my TomTom Runner 3 for navigation.
I dumped the Mio that did it's job perfectly because I don't like to be bothered at each corner by beeps.
I'm using a combination of TomTom Runner 3 and Organic Maps because TomTom has this breadcrumb navigation which works perfectly for me.
Organic Maps is for orientation when needed or wanted.

In the menu goto the right -> choose biking or running , the screen shows please wait -> push down and you will see -> workouts, training, and more.
Scroll down.
The last 3 choices on my watch are Rotation, trails and pause.
If you're lucky, trails will be present in your watch.

Last edited:
Thanks for the effort, when I choose run or cycle it shows please wait, then I push down and it shows only training and metrics, so if Im not doing someting wrong, then the multisport can't navigate. Its quite simple watch so with the navigation it would be perfect, but what can I do.

For navigation I use mapy.cz, its an czech app, and it works quite well, its also online, maps for different states and areas can be downoloaded separately, never heard of Organic Maps, but will try, it looks also quite good.

And how do you do that! With what software and in which windows version? I can copy mp3 etc to my watch incuding a m3u palylist file but it does not show up on my watch display.
I managed to upload songs to my watch via Windows Explorer, the watch appears when I connect it via USB. I created a playlist in iTunes (500 songs fit on the watch) and then slid it into the appropriate folder on the watch.

I managed to upload songs to my watch via Windows Explorer, the watch appears when I connect it via USB. I created a playlist in iTunes (500 songs fit on the watch) and then slid it into the appropriate folder on the watch.
If I remember correctly the playlist file (file format .m3u) had to be put into this directory:
<drive of watch>:\MySportsConnect\Music

Is there a specific name needed for the playlist file?

Ask a Question