How to import .gpx file to TomTom watch not using mysports.com website

It's 100% a T5 torx screw, i have just double checked again, i also tried a T4 driver, it's a smaller diameter driver and it will fit the screw head but with it being smaller there is every possibility that you could round or strip the star resulting in not being able to remove the screw.
Great thanks for your confirmation 👍

Just out of curiosity @Runningman , you say you have 2 TomTom runner watches, are they the original watches as in the ones that have three dots on the right hand side of the screen like the photo.
If they are like that then changing the battery is completely different.
I'm wrongly assuming that your two runners are the newer watches.
IMG_7504_thumb.jpg

No worries Sam, I thought something was lost in translation 👍
Yes I was lost ;).
So, Nice you're on the good way at least about battery with Tee :).

Thank for your answer, I was confused when I saw translation, I should have check it before.

Just out of curiosity @Runningman , you say you have 2 TomTom runner watches, are they the original watches as in the ones that have three dots on the right hand side of the screen like the photo.
If they are like that then changing the battery is completely different.
I'm wrongly assuming that your two runners are the newer watches.
View attachment 6000
I have 3 watches - 2 x Runner 3 + 1x Runner 2 (all have no dots...) that you show in the picture.

I've just realized another nail in the coffin for these TomTom watches.

I charged my completetly drained Runner 2 watch up and it needed to connect to a PC - TomTom Sports Connect.
Luckily I have Sports Connect installed on an older PC + Laptop.

But if you don't have it installed or Sports Connect because unusable in the future; then if you let you watch completely die it will stay dead so to speak...😢

This happened to me the other week after charging and i thought the same thing.
After charging just follow the instructions on the screen and go through the setup procedure, date, time etc without connecting to a PC and the watch will work again.

This happened to me the other week after charging and i thought the same thing.
After charging just follow the instructions on the screen and go through the setup procedure, date, time etc without connecting to a PC and the watch will work again.
Yes I tried that but the connect to PC screen kept displaying on the watch 🤔

When the connect to App/PC shows you will see a progress bar at the top of the screen with a arrow pointing to the right, press right and follow the instructions to set date,time etc and the watch will work again without connecting to a PC.
See the progress bar and the white arrow pointing to the right in the pic. ( It's the only pic i could find but you get the idea)

tomtom-runner-cardio-4rfm.jpg
)

When the connect to App/PC shows you will see a progress bar at the top of the screen with a arrow pointing to the right, press right and follow the instructions to set date,time etc and the watch will work again without connecting to a PC.
See the progress bar and the white arrow pointing to the right in the pic. ( It's the only pic i could find but you get the idea)

View attachment 6002)
Yeah I did that, but when I scrolled back the date had reset to 2017 or something and the connect to Pc was still on screen...🤔

You don't scroll back, just keep pressing right until you reach the end, setting the date and time as you go along, always pressing right.
When you get to the end it will say done at the top progress bar and there will be a circle with a tick in it on the screen, press right again and the watch will go back on it's own to the start screen with the clock.

Hi all,
I just discovered this thread and I'm to still use my TomTom Adventurer. Thanks Jorgen !
I recorded some activities before using this software.

They're not displayed in the activities frame on the left side of the map.
But there are still on the watch.
Device/Show Tracked Activity, I can see them on the below frame.
For the new activities, everything is OK.

Can I download those old activities ? (didn't find any answer)
Apparently not, but maybe someone got a solution.

Many thanks for your answer

Hi all,
I just discovered this thread and I'm to still use my TomTom Adventurer. Thanks Jorgen !

Hi @benboulz
I have just tried it with my watch and i can get all the old activities on my watch displayed on the left hand side.
What i did was to make sure the download most recent box was not ticked and then just clicked download, i didn't use the device/show activity section and it showed my activities going back two weeks.

Hi all,

Hello, you probably tried to upload the missing activities using the old TomTom Software. A flag might have been set on the watch to tell the watch that those activities have been downloaded already.
Solution is to go the location of the TomTom files on your PC where you used to connect with the old TomTom Software (normally, C:\users\Username\TomTom Sports\Id of your watch). inside that folder you should see some files named like that: 0x00910000-1694280959-7
rename the file to whatever.ttbin
and try to upload that ttbin using the new software from Blue Software.
You might have to try several files before you succeed.

Regards, Pascal

Hi Pascal,
thanks for your answer.
That was the solution !
Het werk well !
You saved my activities :)
thx to @Tee as well

Hi Pascal,
thanks for your answer.
That was the solution !
Het werk well !
You saved my activities :)
thx to @Tee as well
Hi, I have a few workouts I cannot download either. I think it's because I tried downloading them with the app after the server was disconnected. I did not save them to my PC. Any other ideas to retrieve them? Thanks!

For anyone who wants to have a moan at TomTom, I tweeted this: https://x.com/timbo_ukfr/status/1711474230993322160?s=20
I have contacted an association that fights planned obsolescence to see if any legal action is possible. Whatever the response, just expressing dissatisfaction by replying to the tweet can be good therapy !
Many thanks to Jorgen for creating this great software. I hope it can be built upon to maintain all the functionalities that were available before TomTom pulled the plug (bluetooth sync, app...) to keep on using these watches while they still can be!

Update since my last post.
A little confusing at first but it works and i'm really pleased that i don't have to throw away my watch now.
Go to this site and click on download binary 1.6, it will download in a zip format
You might also need to download and install java if it's not installed on your pc
Once installed open the TomTom watch 1.6 zip and in there you will see the makeworkingsdirs.bat file, click on that and it will put a folder called working in your downloads folder (well it did in mine, maybe a different place on your pc)
Once you have done that drag and drop the TomTomWatch-1.6.jar to your desktop, connect your watch to your pc and open the TomTomWatch-1.6.jar program, when opened and your watch is connected you can click on download to see your activities, (use the device tab in the top left hand corner to see various things if you want). This program also clears the storage and does the quick gps.
Now you can click on save, you have to save this into your gpx section in the working folder.
Once saved you can go to Strava and upload your gpx file.
One other thing when you open the TomTom watch program take a look at the serial box at the top to see if your watch serial number is there, mine said unknown so i had to download the Zadig USB installer as the TomTom watch program didn't recognise my usb, ensure you only change the TomTom gps watch by clicking on the options and list all devices and select TomTom gps watch or Workout Drive and install the winusb driver, the program will then recognise your watch.
I found that with my Adventurer the Workout Drive showed in the dropdown list yet with my Spark 2 and 3 it showed TomTom gps watch.
Link to Zadig
Also what i did just to be safe is i created a system restore point on my pc before i started just in case of any problems as i didn't like the idea of changing the usb driver but it was fine, however once you have done this the TomTom sports app will not recognise your watch anymore so you will have to uninstall the driver and revert back to the original driver if you want to, it's easy to do, or wait until the end of September when it's discontinued to try it out.
Full credit and thank you to the creator of this amazing software.

View attachment 5932

I'm totally lost!

My watch still connects to the Sports Connect app on my computer (a Mac) but it "Can't find QUICKGPSFIX. Then says that there are 74 activities waiting to upload, but when I "try again", it won't upload them.

So I've tried the studioblue planet software, but I'm not techy enough and haven't a clue what I'm doing.

I've tried following your instructions. Managed to find the Java for Mac programme. Downloaded and opened the zip file but when I click on the makeworkingdirs.bat file, I get a message telling me that there is no application set to open it. I thought trying to choose Java might help this, but it's greyed out (it's called JavaScript and it wasn't the programme I just downloaded anyway, since it was there from last month)

When searching my computer, I've try clicking on JavaSetup8u391.exe (this is the new file downloaded today) but nothing happens.

I'm stuck

Can you help at all?

Thank you!

Hello Tee & everybody interested in the topic.
I have been using the StudioBlue option (not related to TomTom) and I can give some information now. I hope it can be useful.

I use it in a laptop running windows 11 and I am not an expert.on computers. So, ready for everybody.

I followed the instructions step by step on the StudioBlue web (1 install Java, 2 install the app, 3 the adaptation for the port), and it went smoothly. No problem at all! Great!

A note: In the website it makes reference to version 1.5, however when I downloaded it, it is 1.9. No consequences for the installation.

When you have downloaded and installed it, in a folder (I allowed it did it wherever it was established by StudioBlue) you will find "TomTom Watch" with a Java icon (not TomTom Watch1.5 as somewhere says). Click there and the app will open.

I always connect first my watch. I click download (notice that the watch must appear in the first row; although my serial number appear as "unknown", I do not care & it works) and in the left window I see the files of my activities. Later I save it, and they will be in the 'working' folder of my laptop the installation has created.

After that, I can upload the fox file to the Strava account I opened. They are not connected. Actually, I always used the Tomtom website. No discussion: Strava goes light years ahead of TomTom .

In the TomTomWatch Java app, there is a button for GPS Quickf8x. Difficult to say how well it works, but in few seconds in the street my watch has the GPS signal. So, good feeling on this feature too.

Summing up:
1. It works! Easy to install and use even for a non-expert in computers like me.
2. Thanks Jorgen (the guy of StudioBlue, passionate on diving & photography that coded it for free) for sharing this real gift to us. I recommend to see his website, pictures are spectacular
3. Bad luck TomTom staff. You made anything possible to convert our watches in rubbish, but you failed. Shared intelligence is more powerful than your corporation. Next ones: learn from their failure, they could have allowed to use our devices in other platforms and they would have not upset their clients not lost reputation. They opted for being disrespectful with their clients and lost
I have followed your instructions above (thank you!) and all works ALMOST fine (not on my Mac, had to use a PC)

The problem is that only the last two activities download. The others are still on my watch though.

What can I do to retrieve them? There are 74 activities although there's only one that I really would like to have.

Can you help at all?

I'm totally lost!

My watch still connects to the Sports Connect app on my computer (a Mac) but it "Can't find QUICKGPSFIX. Then says that there are 74 activities waiting to upload, but when I "try again", it won't upload them.

So I've tried the studioblue planet software, but I'm not techy enough and haven't a clue what I'm doing.

I've tried following your instructions. Managed to find the Java for Mac programme. Downloaded and opened the zip file but when I click on the makeworkingdirs.bat file, I get a message telling me that there is no application set to open it. I thought trying to choose Java might help this, but it's greyed out (it's called JavaScript and it wasn't the programme I just downloaded anyway, since it was there from last month)

When searching my computer, I've try clicking on JavaSetup8u391.exe (this is the new file downloaded today) but nothing happens.

I'm stuck

Can you help at all?

Thank you!
I have managed to make it work on a PC - won't work on my Mac, any idea why not?

BUT, only the last 2 activities will download. There are 74 activities stuck on my watch!

Can anyone help at all?

Thank you

Ask a Question