How to import .gpx file to TomTom watch not using mysports.com website

Update since my last post.
A little confusing at first but it works and i'm really pleased that i don't have to throw away my watch now.
Go to this site and click on download binary 1.6, it will download in a zip format
You might also need to download and install java if it's not installed on your pc
Once installed open the TomTom watch 1.6 zip and in there you will see the makeworkingsdirs.bat file, click on that and it will put a folder called working in your downloads folder (well it did in mine, maybe a different place on your pc)
Once you have done that drag and drop the TomTomWatch-1.6.jar to your desktop, connect your watch to your pc and open the TomTomWatch-1.6.jar program, when opened and your watch is connected you can click on download to see your activities, (use the device tab in the top left hand corner to see various things if you want). This program also clears the storage and does the quick gps.
Now you can click on save, you have to save this into your gpx section in the working folder.
Once saved you can go to Strava and upload your gpx file.
One other thing when you open the TomTom watch program take a look at the serial box at the top to see if your watch serial number is there, mine said unknown so i had to download the Zadig USB installer as the TomTom watch program didn't recognise my usb, ensure you only change the TomTom gps watch by clicking on the options and list all devices and select TomTom gps watch or Workout Drive and install the winusb driver, the program will then recognise your watch.
I found that with my Adventurer the Workout Drive showed in the dropdown list yet with my Spark 2 and 3 it showed TomTom gps watch.
Link to Zadig
Also what i did just to be safe is i created a system restore point on my pc before i started just in case of any problems as i didn't like the idea of changing the usb driver but it was fine, however once you have done this the TomTom sports app will not recognise your watch anymore so you will have to uninstall the driver and revert back to the original driver if you want to, it's easy to do, or wait until the end of September when it's discontinued to try it out.
Full credit and thank you to the creator of this amazing software.

View attachment 5932

Thanks!!! (be carefull create Recovery point before, good advice, usefull)
Luckily, it worked, after 2 tries:
Start by do the thing about Zadig and think to look in zadig options/"list all devices", choose "TomTom GPS Watch" then You can do "reinstalldriver"
When you will start download on tomtomwatch.jar there will be a message error about TTBIN files but that's only those used for and from the Original TOMTOM software wich or no longer used since September 30th... (and you can later save them with 'save TTBIN' in a second time if you want), you clik 'OK' to continue and it will go to the end of download GPX files from your watch.

You should see your serial number and when you do 'Download' the files should be displayed on the white part of screen upper (i did twice too after unconnect and reconnect the watch and the 'tomtomwatch.jar')
Select a File appeared on this screen and do in the section GPX file : Save (be carreful if 2 same activities the same day it will be the same name GPX file, so thinks to ad 'b' or 'bis' to difference them and no erase the first file saved).
Don't forget at the end to do 'GPS Quickfix' to update at GPS level your watch.
And at the end (after save from your computer your files to strava and compagnie, you will see you got simple datas), you can erase files from watch by clicking on the screen 'tomtomwatch.jar' the file and do 'erase' to free up memory in your watch.
But be careful again it erase all files download in the screen even if you select only one line raw.

TomTomWatch still running, thats GREAT and Nice!!!
We Do not need to throw away an electronic object that still works!!! :)

Hope somebody will put it in the good place in github to get somebody check the possibility to continue to use it in futur and check the security reliability of this very practical little software in the future.

Take care everyone and keep running and cycling with TomTomWatch :) !!
Sam

Sorry for the late reply @marianna.
I'm glad everything went well with the installation and thanks for the update.
The reason your serial number does not appear is that because you didn't install the Zadig USB driver, but it looks like it maybe not needed, only time will tell now how everything goes when TomTom stop their support in a few days time especially the Quickfix gps as @Clivia explained in this post the software uses the Tomtom server.
The quick gps does still work on the software at the moment as the tick appears next to my quickfix icon on my watch after clicking on the tab but my watch seems to pick up the gps fairly quickly without it.
When I try to save the GPX file, I click the save button and select the folder I want it, but nothing happens? I can see the ttbin file in the ttbin folder, but nothing appears in the gpx folder? Why would that be?

When I try to save the GPX file, I click the save button and select the folder I want it, but nothing happens? I can see the ttbin file in the ttbin folder, but nothing appears in the gpx folder? Why would that be?
I tried Twice and it worked second Time you Need to see files appeares upper to click on one and do 'save'.

If you see It and nothing saved I don't know why because it worked for me.

Do you see before everything, your Serial number from your watch, if it's written 'unknown' try the thing listed?

Me, my 2nd success try, I did things exactly in this way:

a) create a PC restore point in case something stupid happens
Then:

1) I downloaded and installed JAVA https://www.java.com/download/ie_manual.jsp

2) I downloaded and installed zadig
then plug in the watch/ click on options/ “list all devices”, select “TomTom GPS Watch” then “reinstalldriver”

3) on the site
click on Download/ "Download binary 1.9" extract this folder and move the small file "TomTomWatch.jar" to the desktop.

b) launch TomTomWatch.jar, you should see the serial number of the watch at the top under 'Serial'.

1) Download (TTBIN files error message not important)

2) Click on the downloaded file in the window above the text "Tracks ~GPS Quickix", (if no file appeared in this white area originally, repeat the operation, connect the watch to the USB then restart the jar file "TomTomWatch.jar")
then save and select yes save the GPX File.

3) You can then erase this file with 'Erase' if you are sure that it works on additional software (eg: Strava).

4) remember to click on "GPS Quickfix" to update the watch's GPS so that it connects quickly the next time you use it.

Do you see before everything, your Serial number from your watch, if it's written 'unknown' try the thing listed?

Then:

then plug in the watch/ click on options/ “list all devices”, select “TomTom GPS Watch” then “reinstalldriver”

3) on the site
click on Download/ "Download binary 1.9" extract this folder and move the small file "TomTomWatch.jar" to the desktop.

b) launch TomTomWatch.jar, you should see the serial number of the watch at the top under 'Serial'.

2) Click on the downloaded file in the window above the text "Tracks ~GPS Quickix", (if no file appeared in this white area originally, repeat the operation, connect the watch to the USB then restart the jar file "TomTomWatch.jar")

3) You can then erase this file with 'Erase' if you are sure that it works on additional software (eg: Strava).

4) remember to click on "GPS Quickfix" to update the watch's GPS so that it connects quickly the next time you use it.
Thanks everyone. I have it working now

Thanks everyone. I have it working now

Perfect, happy to see it works for you too from now with this procedure way.
(I think it depends the order you do things that's why I writted it down with any details.)
Hope somebody will be interested to get things improved/ maintained and/ or continuated here and in github 🤞🏻.

When we do "GPS Quickfix" to update the watch's GPS we see 2 sites used to get GPS updated so I think so, they need to get maintained in Future Time.
(Configuration URL: https://mysports.tomtom.com/service/config/config.json
Quickfix data URL: https://gpsquickfix.services.tomtom.com/fitness/sifgps.f2p3enc.ee)

It's not only about this watch and the cost
of a new One it's about do not throw away something in perfect electronic working order (which has been said regularly for many years now but a phenomenon which strangely does not improve or even gets worse).

Sam from France.
Regards.

Last edited:
Thanks to all contributors for this help, yesterday using my TomTom Runner 3 watch; I did a 13.4 mile trail run and I downloaded the GPX file and uploaded to Strava with no issues. Hopefully their will be a similar fix to upload Gym + Swim TomTom activities to Strava???

For now I have put off buying a Garmin watch...

Also 2 of my TomTom Runner watches need new batteries - any advice please?

Thanks to all contributors for this help, yesterday using my TomTom Runner 3 watch; I did a 13.4 mile trail run and I downloaded the GPX file and uploaded to Strava with no issues. Hopefully their will be a similar fix to upload Gym + Swim TomTom activities to Strava???

I don't undersand what doesn't work as you said 'I downloaded the GPX file and uploadead to Strava (so I imagine you downloaded and saved GPX files from TomTomwatch.jar).
When we read you it seems more about a problem with Strava (??)

Then:

3) on the site

If you don't manage something try in this exact way up here and try at least 2 Times.

Thank you...

I don't undersand what doesn't work as you said 'I downloaded the GPX file and uploadead to Strava (so I imagine you downloaded and saved GPX files from TomTomwatch.jar).
When we read you it seems more about a problem with Strava (??)

If you don't manage something try in this exact way up here and try at least 2 Times.

Thank you...
I don't really understand your reply????

As I have stated I've 'successfully' uploaded my trail run to Strava with no issues

I don't really understand your reply????

As I have stated I've 'successfully' uploaded my trail run to Strava with no issues
So you speak about Strava problemes?

I mean, you say you successed to download and save GPX files, normally the difficulty os around here.

Just 'in case of': TT(sthing) files are for TomTom software who stopped.

TT(sthing) files I tried it doesn't work in Strava cose that was the one for TomTom but GPX files should normally working in Strava I don't know what's problem is. (Check first it's GPX files and no TT files you tried in Strava. And you Can't add by GPX folders in Strava but only by files).

I Can't Hello you more I'm not that geek but I manage GPX files not tht harder.

good Luck

Have a look at this thread @Runningman
The battery is very very easy to change, i've done it a few times on my watches. Also if you have a look around there are some who sell the tools with the batteries.
The last couple of batteries battery i got were from Aliexpress and i had no problems. They take a while to arrive but work out cheaper if you're prepared to wait a few weeks.
What you need to do i if you have the torx drivers is carefully open the watch and write the battery number down and order that.
Also be careful when detaching the battery plug from the watch, don't pull the plug with the wires to try and get it free, just get a thin blade like a stanley knife and prise it upwards like in the ifixit link i gave.

Have a look at this thread @Runningman
The battery is very very easy to change, i've done it a few times on my watches. Also if you have a look around there are some who sell the tools with the batteries.
The last couple of batteries battery i got were from Aliexpress and i had no problems. They take a while to arrive but work out cheaper if you're prepared to wait a few weeks.
What you need to do i if you have the torx drivers is carefully open the watch and write the battery number down and order that.
Also be careful when detaching the battery plug from the watch, don't pull the plug with the wires to try and get it free, just get a thin blade like a stanley knife and prise it upwards like in the ifixit link i gave.
Thanks for that Tee, struggling to find a T3 torx bit - screwdriver at the moment to open my watches up etc...

Thanks to all contributors for this help, yesterday using my TomTom Runner 3 watch;

Hopefully their will be a similar fix to upload Gym + Swim TomTom activities to Strava???

Hello Runningman,

I used Google translation and realized that a "false friend" of English-French language meant that I had misunderstood and understood:

“I did a 13.4 mile trail and downloaded the GPX file and uploaded it to Strava with no success,”

when you said
"with no issues". (in French, "issue" means 'exit' like 'solution' and I stupidly literally translated "with no issues" by 'without success', 'without solution' instead of 'without problem'...!!! :s :( ).

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your message and finally, you are able to use and download the GPX files up to Strava included (Cool!!!) but it is for the GYM and swimming that you are blocked and hope for a solution one day.

Sincerely sorry for the misunderstanding, I took the time to reread on PC and not smartphone because I found it strange, I would have done better to recheck with a translation tool from the start rather than trust too much in my instant translation since my phone between 2 activities.

I feel a little stupid, to err is human but I wanted to correct the misunderstanding coming from me ;-).
Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Hopefully, Tee helps well with battery things (in more than GPXfiles before).
Sincerely,
Sam

Thanks for that Tee, struggling to find a T3 torx bit - screwdriver at the moment to open my watches up etc...
It's actually a T5 torx bit you need, i just double checked on my watch.
If you search for phone repair kit on ebay you can pick up a decent 23 piece set for less than £3.50 with free delivery.

Hello Runningman,

I used Google translation and realized that a "false friend" of English-French language meant that I had misunderstood and understood:

“I did a 13.4 mile trail and downloaded the GPX file and uploaded it to Strava with no success,”

when you said
"with no issues". (in French, "issue" means 'exit' like 'solution' and I stupidly literally translated "with no issues" by 'without success', 'without solution' instead of 'without problem'...!!! :s :( ).

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your message and finally, you are able to use and download the GPX files up to Strava included (Cool!!!) but it is for the GYM and swimming that you are blocked and hope for a solution one day.

Sincerely sorry for the misunderstanding, I took the time to reread on PC and not smartphone because I found it strange, I would have done better to recheck with a translation tool from the start rather than trust too much in my instant translation since my phone between 2 activities.

I feel a little stupid, to err is human but I wanted to correct the misunderstanding coming from me ;-).
Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Hopefully, Tee helps well with battery things (in more than GPXfiles before).
Sincerely,
Sam
No worries Sam, I thought something was lost in translation 👍

It's actually a T5 torx bit you need, i just double checked on my watch.
If you search for phone repair kit on ebay you can pick up a decent 23 piece set for less than £3.50 with free delivery.
Thanks Tee, I'm a bit confused about the correct size because this guys states: 'These are 3mm star shaped screws. In my case, I used a T4 Torx head screwdriver - but I've had cases where tools had slightly different sizes in different countries'
How to replace the battery on a Tomtom Runner 3 / Spark 3

It's 100% a T5 torx screw, i have just double checked again, i also tried a T4 driver, it's a smaller diameter driver and it will fit the screw head but with it being smaller there is every possibility that you could round or strip the star resulting in not being able to remove the screw.

Ask a Question