Update map on 720

I’m facing a situation where i don’t know if i should plunge and spend my money.
According to tomtom my 720 Canada-U.S.A. map is now 6 trimester behind.
I use it for trips once in a while and it work perfectly.
I wonder if I should spend 118.88 dollar Canadian (76.60 euro) to update it?
Is it worth spending this much on something already making the job.
If someone updates his, please let me know what do you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only you can decide......

We Canadians do get ripped by having to pay in Euros and therefore have to pay an additional 20% VAT (although one poster in BC mentioned that he complained about that to support and, in compensation, they allowed an update for free as a consequence)

Back to your original question.......

The newest version of map (835) for North America and latest application (8.351) allows for IQ2 routing where the time of day is taken into consideration when you select the 'fastest' route. This results in better routing and a more accurate ETA.

The newest maps also show Advanced Lane Guidance for US roads only (another rip for Canadians :mad: ). Also, more pois.

I live near where you live, I think, so you may run into a problem trying to find a street in the Toronto area unless you put, say, North York, as the city where the newest maps realize that amalgamation took place years ago and so I can find the same street by putting 'Toronto' as the city.

Some new roads have been added of course. It also depends where you use it when you travel. GTA? Ontario? Just Canada? Do you use it in the States?

There are many who buy a gps and never update the unit. If, for your particular use habits, you always find a destination, then you might want to stay with what you have as well.

Thanks for the reply.
Definitively I had big doubt and this confirm that I will not get value for my $118.88.
Even at 50 or 60$ it would still be expensive for an update so $118. Is out of question.
I never go to the U.S. and it look like most of the option don’t work in Canada.
So at that price, it is a rip-off
Merci beaucoup

Last edited by a moderator:
You needn't keep posting in a large font.

A 'rip-off'? Not quite......

Bloody expensive for what we get (or don't get?) ......you bet.

Ask a Question