Unable to use downloaded shut down image

My files are named splash.ogg and suspend.ogg

I didn't do any converting myself since I happened download these 2 sounds from TomTom Home. So basically TomTom Home set this up for me, but the instructions for Audacity were given from TomTom Home if I wanted to create my own sounds. The directions say to place them in your sounds folder, but again, for some reason TomTom Home placed them in my root directory. I look in my "sounds" folder and I have a file in there called "arrive.tlv" which is irrelevant to this though. I think that file appeared when I downloaded an arrival sound last week.

Edit : I just read the compatibility chart and just realized that the 720 isn't "supposed" to be compatible with start-up sounds and shut-down sounds. In that case statman, I guess you were using 3rd party software for the sounds, which the latest navcore may have killed. In my case, they work for a different reason. :eek:

Here's the link that TomTom Home sends me to for instructions.

Create Your Own Content Guide

and here are the screenshots I just took of the directions

sounds1.jpg

sounds2.jpg

Last edited:
You must ensure the shutdown image is appropriate for your model. Antitheftw.bmp for wide (4.3") screens and antitheft.bmp (no 'w') for 3.5 inch screens. Not good enough to rename the file, it must be the proper size.

Also.............in Safety Preferences, check 'warn not to leave in vehicle'.

With that checked, the proper file in the image folder, you should be goo to go.

Now that is very interesting, my TTOneXL when I first got it did my shut down image, then all of a sudden
it quit working??? I just did what you mentioned to do and damn if it didn't work again......velly intellestering...:D

Ask a Question