"Unable to store settings: file access error"

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Sunbeam, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Sunbeam

Sunbeam

TomTom Model(s):
    Via 120 Live
    I have a Via 120 Live, which I successfully updated at the weekend. I then repeatedly got the error "Unable to store settings: File access error", when I selected various options, such as changing my route. I tried to run the Clear Flash utility but it would not run despite me trying "Troubleshoot Compatibility". [This computer is running Microsoft Windows version 10.0.14393.]

I then tried to reconnect the device to this computer to sort out that problem but found that there was an issue with the driver [see attached screenshot], which made the device unrecogniseable.

My next mistake was trying to perform a Reset on the device i.e. Hold the start button until the white text appears and then connect to the computer. I have now got to the point where I start up my TomTom and after the drum roll I get to a screen with a red cross in it and then it moves on to the screen with a red cross screen waiting to connect to a laptop. As my device is now unrecogniseable as a Tomtom [i.e. no driver] it seems that all I can do is throw it in the bin?

If you have any better suggestions then I would be delighted to hear from you!

Attached Files:

Sunbeam, Oct 24, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Sunbeam

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    720; 1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    dhn, Oct 24, 2017
    1. Advertisements