Unable to update GO600

Thanks Willy875

No, I wouldn't have any particular interest in them. My main occasional use is for getting from A to B.
The Discover will work fine for you, then. Custom Points of Interest are lists of places that you put together (using one of a variety of PC apps) that can be sent to the older models so you have your own grouped list of places to go.

For example, if your job would be deliveries to a specific group of customers, rather than cluttering your favorites (My Places) area with a hundred of your customer's sites for deliveries, they can all be grouped into one file and accessed as needed.

TomTom are saying they are offering up to a 30% discount, but their price is the same as everywhere else. So where is this TomTom discount.
I have been bombarded with the same advertising since before Christmas.
Their 30% off is from their list price. Apparently they seem to be giving the same discount to their distributors.

I’m now thinking of getting the GO 620 which is pretty much the same as my old 600 but with a few extras plus the benefit of lifetime speed camera updates.

I’m assuming the GO600 is still supported for updates such as maps and speed cameras?

Yes, GO 620 is still supported for map and speed camera updates.

GO 600 is still supported for map updates, speed camera updates are chargeable.

Last edited:
Yes, GO 620 is still supported for map and speed camera updates.

GO 600 is still supported for map updates, speed camera updates are chargeable.

Thanks.

Re speed camera updates.

They are free according to Amazon and all other retailer details I’ve seen.

• Lifetime Maps (World)
  • Lifetime Speed Cameras Updates
  • Lifetime TomTom Traffic
  • MyDrive Cloud App
  • TomTom Services via built-in SIM
  • TomTom Roadtrips
  • TomTom Services via Smartphone

Do you speak for the GO 620 or the GO 600?

On the GO 620 the radars are free and there is no SIM card
on GO 600 speed cameras are not free.

It is the GO 6200 which has a SIM card.

Do you speak for the GO 620 or the GO 600?

On the GO 620 the radars are free and there is no SIM card
on GO 600 speed cameras are not free.

It is the GO 6200 which has a SIM card.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm talking about the GO620.

Ok, so GO 620

Lifetime Maps of the World
Lifetime speed camera updates
Real-time radar services via smartphone
Lifetime TomTom Traffic services via smartphone
MyDrive cloud app
No Sim card.

Is tge GO620 still available direct from TomTom?
No, but the "TomTom Store" on Amazon still has them here.

My 620 is my "daily driver" unit, favorite 2nd only to my commercial TomTom Bridge device. My 620 isn't quite as fast planning a long route as the newest models, but has a couple of features that TomTom still doesn't support on their most recent models.

It won't disappoint and you'll save some money.

No, but the "TomTom Store" on Amazon still has them here.

My 620 is my "daily driver" unit, favorite 2nd only to my commercial TomTom Bridge device. My 620 isn't quite as fast planning a long route as the newest models, but has a couple of features that TomTom still doesn't support on their most recent models.

It won't disappoint and you'll save some money.

Thanks canderson.

Amazon are temporarily out of stock.

Last edited:
@Monty1
Bummer. They're in stock this side of the pond. Wonder what shipping would run? I know that the 620 could be shipped to the U.S. from UK stock at one time.

Stock.jpg

GO 620 is no longer manufactured by Tomtom so in case of out of stock. you need to search on another website.

Temporarily. No rush for it so I'll just keep an eye on the web site
Keep a close eye. The 620s that are out there for purchase are what's left of a production run that was done and finished quite some time ago. I would not be surprised if the UK Amazon site never sees another one. I'm honestly surprised that there are so many 620s remaining in the channel pipeline that they're still available at all. If you spot one elsewhere, I'd take advantage of it rather than waiting for it to pop up on Amazon again. Note that the seller here on the US Amazon site is the "TomTom Store" so is TomTom stock that never got into the retail distribution channel. This item is, as far as I know, no longer available through any other US retail outlet.

Again, your use model will be just fine with the Discover as well, but that is going to cost you extra money that you probably don't have any need to pay.

Hey - I just noticed this. Same as the basic GO 620 but with the fancier 'truck' configuration/mapping option, and for just a small amount of additional cost. You can configure it for 'car' use instead of truck, so nothing lost or gained:

1673895055226.png

Here's the TomTom page for any other details:

Might be worth your time to have a look at that! They still have 3 in stock at Amazon UK.

Last edited:

Ask a Question