Unable to update GO600

@canderson
I have a habit of clicking on what's new and start with the oldest. Saw Monty's post but not yours.
Having had his device initialized in a different country would then also make sense that he got the error message that Voice Control was not available when he tried that.
What's the answer? A Factory Reset and start with the UK and a UK voice?
I believe he's already set up for UK for language. All he needs is a UK computer voice, which he isn't seeing in his list of available voices on the device. Getting one should remedy things, and also give him a much better on-road experience with pronounced street names, etc.

I wonder whether he is scrolling down far enough since he says he can't find Serena or Samantha

Just to clarify. The GO620 I purchased off of eBay is a brand new sealed unit, not a second hand or refurbished unit.

I will double check the satnav list again and then try candersons suggestion a bit later.

Just to clarify. The GO620 I purchased off of eBay is a brand new sealed unit, not a second hand or refurbished unit.

I will double check the satnav list again and then try candersons suggestion a bit later.
It has happened that the voice is not available on the GPS or on Mydrive connect if the voice is not available, contact customer service again to have the voice assigned to your account.

All sorted.

Had to install Samantha UK from MyDrive. No sign of Serena though, not that it matters. She must be on holiday ;)

Very clever how it works.

Thanks all for your help. Much appreciated.

Right. Forgot that. May have been sold originally for a different market with different voice set. You may therefore find another 60MB computer voice on that 620 that you don't need and can be deleted. Let us know if you spot one.

Ask a Question