Unable to update GO600

I have a full size SD card slot in my Windows 10 PC.
I don't know if there have been changes but the Format had to be FAT32, not NTFS.

Managed to format the new sd card on my dvd player. Not that it done any good.

Just trying to do a full format rather than a quick format via my PC (FAT32). Could take some time.

I've also just re-ordered another new free replacement SD card as I think this one may possibly be faulty. We shall see.

I'm beginning to think I'm losing the battle and the satnav is winning and it might be a case of a new model. Hope not.

Spent approx two and half hours trying to do a full format on the original new sd card only for a pop up to say 'unable to complete formatting' or words to that affect.

Will see if the new replacement card is any better once it arrives sometime today.

I give up with this peice of sh*t. I think it's had it's day.

Every time I connect the satnav and try to go to the MyDrive page to uninstall the corrupted map MyDrive keeps wanting to download and update, which would nice if it actually did update, but in reality it doesn't.

I've tried all sort of combinations. Emptying the download folder, turning the satnav off and on, quitting MyDrive and turning on again, but no, the damn thing still keeps wanting to download and try and update. And that's all after following the article below (link)

Do any of TomTom's new sat navs have lifetime Speed Camera updates rather than the annual subscription?

Attachments

• Untitledmdd.jpg
    Untitledmdd.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 6
The new GPS GO Discover, GO Exclusive, GO Essential, GO Classic, do not have lifetime speed camera updates.

The new GPS GO Discover, GO Exclusive, GO Essential, GO Classic, do not have lifetime speed camera updates.

Thanks Will875

Looks like I might be looking elsewhere then, such as Garmin that come with lifetime speed camera updates.

I'm looking at the TomTom GO Discover.

Are the premium services as shown below all under one annual subscription fee, and do you know what the fee is please.
  • 1-year Live Speed Cameras
  • NEW 1-year Live fuel pricing info
  • NEW 1-year Live off-street parking info

Hi @Monty1 -

Just to be sure, you will receive all those services included in the purchase of the GO Discover for 1 year, then payable thereafter.
Have a good day. :)

Looking on MyDrive account I get the usual 'up to 30% discount on new sat navs'

So TomTom via MyDrive are advertising the 7" Go Discovery for £309.

Amazon and other leading retailers are also all selling the same sat nav for exactly the same price of £309, so where is this so called discount?

Attachments

• Untitledsat.jpg
    Untitledsat.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi @Monty1 -

There are quite a few places, i.e. A*g*s that offer similar pricing, but bear in mind, if the device does have an issue that cannot be resolved via this forum or TomTom’s customer service and needs to be returned within the warranty period, purchasing from TomTom’s website would involve returning it to their servicing facility I believe, based in Romania whereas purchasing locally, you would be able to return/exchange at the store.

Not difficult if on Amazon it's cheaper you buy where it's cheaper.

I appreciate that Willy875, but if you read my post again (four up) my point was TomTom are saying they are offering up to a 30% discount, but their price is the same as everywhere else. So where is this TomTom discount.

Hi @Monty1 -

There are quite a few places, i.e. A*g*s that offer similar pricing, but bear in mind, if the device does have an issue that cannot be resolved via this forum or TomTom’s customer service and needs to be returned within the warranty period, purchasing from TomTom’s website would involve returning it to their servicing facility I believe, based in Romania whereas purchasing locally, you would be able to return/exchange at the store.

Hi Kieron M

As TomTom don't appear to be honouring their discount it makes sense to purchase elsewhere such as A*az*n where the returns policy is not only easy but also free.

As an aside, would you say the GO Discovery is a good choice. I'm now considering the 6" size the same as my old GO600.

I appreciate that Willy875, but if you read my post again (four up) my point was TomTom are saying they are offering up to a 30% discount, but their price is the same as everywhere else. So where is this TomTom discount.
Prices are free conclusion Tomtom sells its GPS 30% above the price in store.

Hi Kieron M

As TomTom don't appear to be honouring their discount it makes sense to purchase elsewhere such as A*az*n where the returns policy is not only easy but also free.

As an aside, would you say the GO Discovery is a good choice. I'm now considering the 6" size the same as my old GO600.
Provided one of your key requirements isn't custom POI support, the Discover is a great unit. You get WiFi connectivity and much faster device speed than the 600. Frankly, I find that the WiFi connectivity for traffic (using my phone as a WiFi hotspot) is a lot more stable and easier to use than the Bluetooth interface - especially for iPhones.

Provided one of your key requirements isn't custom POI support, the Discover is a great unit. You get WiFi connectivity and much faster device speed than the 600. Frankly, I find that the WiFi connectivity for traffic (using my phone as a WiFi hotspot) is a lot more stable and easier to use than the Bluetooth interface - especially for iPhones.

Excuse my ignorance canderson, but what does POI mean?

When you say 'I find that the WiFi connectivity for traffic (using my phone as a WiFi hotspot)'. Do you mean for when you update the sat nav compared to when you/I had to connect to a PC via cable?

Ask a Question