Unable to update GO600

No, it's not strange GO 620 and GO Camper starts with the same serial number ZE GO Camper was designed based on GO 620
For info, several GPS also have the same serial number ZE

To communicate with a Tomtom customer service agent via chat, you must do so during office hours.

Thanks Willy875.

Put like that makes more sense.

When you mentioned earlier (#88) the serial numbers are the same I thought you meant the whole serial number.

Hopefully I will get some luck contacting TomTom, although they don’t make it easy do they. Not customer friendly at all in my opinion.

Well, I've sent support a message earlier this morning which they replied to with a reference number. How long they take to respond with an answer is anyone's guess.

What is it called at Menu / ( ? ) / About

Been there done that Arno.

It say the 'Your subscription will expire on 24/04/2023'.

Hardly life time is it which is the main reason I purchased this satnav.

Been there done that Arno.

It say the 'Your subscription will expire on 24/04/2023'.

Hardly life time is it which is the main reason I purchased this satnav.

I should have quoted from your post, #100
Why would two different named units have the same serial number?
My GO620 is boxed as a GO620.
Over the years I found different names for the same device at About.

As Willy said, let's see with what TomTom is getting back to you.

TomTom don't want to know and are disputing it's a GO620. They requested images of the box which I have sent.

I'm fast going off this company

Attachments

• Untitledtt7.jpg
    Untitledtt7.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Untitledtt8.jpg
    Untitledtt8.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I should have quoted from your post, #100

Over the years I found different names for the same device at About.

As Willy said, let's see with what TomTom is getting back to you.

The different name for the device was found on MyDrive. Correct serial number, wrong name.

In my opinion, you have not come across the right person to solve your problem.

Have you registered your GO 620 on Tomtom because from the
Tomtom must see your GPS is its serial number.

What you can do if the person doesn't want to give you the cameras for life is create a new support ticket.

In my opinion, you have not come across the right person to solve your problem.

Have you registered your GO 620 on Tomtom because from the
Tomtom must see your GPS is its serial number.

What you can do if the person doesn't want to give you the cameras for life is create a new support ticket.
Already have. Sent TomTom a support message via their web help site and their facebook page via messenger. It's their messenger page that have been replying. I await to hear from the web support.

They can clearly see the serial number on both MyDrive and the images I sent.

All sorted.

TomTom have agreed to activating the lifetime speed camera service once the current three months have expired. A bit of faffing about with back and forth correspondence and images but got there in the end.

Can anyone tell me please how to activate the voice control on my GO620.

I get the following message:

‘Voice control cannot be used with your display language’

That's usually a function of a mismatch of some sort between the language selected during setup (which should be English UK in your case) and the installed voice. If I recall correctly, you'll want to be sure that you enable 'computer voice' "Serena". Or you can switch to English USA and use "Samantha".

Hi canderson

I maybe looking in the Wong place but I can’t find Serena or Samantha listed under ‘Voices’.

Fire up MyDrive Connect, connect your device, and you'll see where new voices can be added. As noted, look for Serena.

GO 620
Menu / Settings / Voices / tap Choose a voice (it should display the currently chosen one on the RH side).
When I click on that and then scan down I can select 5 US, 4 UK, 3 AUS, 3 Irish, 3 NZ English voices plus 2 ES and 2 MEX ones.
Screenshot_2023-01-28-12-55-52.jpg

@Arno
I think that's what the OP is doing, only not seeing either of the UK computer voices. Have to remember that this is an eBay item, so no telling what the previous owner installed/uninstalled, hence the suggestion to go to MDC and load up a proper UK computer voice.

@canderson
I have a habit of clicking on what's new and start with the oldest. Saw Monty's post but not yours.
Having had his device initialized in a different country would then also make sense that he got the error message that Voice Control was not available when he tried that.
What's the answer? A Factory Reset and start with the UK and a UK voice?

Ask a Question