Unable to update GO600

It will have a box seal of some sort, but think it may be just a flap seal. I haven't opened a new TomTom for many months!

Hi
I don't know your search criteria, did you search in a GO 6200 model or the GO premium for info the release of the GO Premium is quite recent.
Figured the OP wasn't interested in cellular connections based upon what he described for his needs, and the 6200, when available, is a good bit more expensive.

Don't know for sure about availability of the Premium (never offered in N.America), and once again, that includes the more expensive cellular feature. Not seeing them new for sale in the UK, either.

Last edited:
OK, I've now recieved my new GO620 and it's all set up.

Just one query that hopefully someone can help me with. Although I done the updates via wifi I later connected the 620 to my PC and MyDrive. For some reason it describes the GO620 as a GO/GO Camper Tour and the speed camera as having only three months subscription when it should be lifetime. Images below.

Attachments

• Untitledgo620.jpg
    Untitledgo620.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Untitledspc.jpg
    Untitledspc.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 9
It's normal the GO620 is the GO Camper Tour on the same serial number for the radar subscription you must contact Tomtom customer service to assign you the lifetime service on GO 620.

Last edited:
Thanks Willy875

Don’t suppose you have a contact number for TomTom please as it appears as elusive as hens teeth on their website.

I would have though it would have automatically set up the lifetime speed camera subscription when first updating.

Thanks.

Why don’t TomTom provide a contact number, it would make life so much easier. Annoying when they don’t to say the least.

Last edited:
Didn’t know you could get Covid over the phone. That’s a new one on me :)

And once that was over, TomTom discontinued phone support entirely. Cost savings? As Monty1 says, not especially helpful. The chat bot is pretty useless much of the time.

Willy875

I know you said I need to contact TomTom to assign my lifetime speed camera service, but why does it say on the GO 620 that my subscription will expire on 24/04/2023?

Does it automatically give you just three months when you first update the satnav for first time. Why not just automatically activate the full life time service that it’s meant to have?

It doesn’t make sense.

And once that was over, TomTom discontinued phone support entirely. Cost savings? As Monty1 says, not especially helpful. The chat bot is pretty useless much of the time.

The chat box drives me mad. As you say, useless, with its ambiguous questions that have no relevance to what you want to discuss.

A bit like the manual that comes with the satnav, every language but English. Of no use at all.

Last edited:
It sometimes happens that the service has not automatically activated, which is why you had to ask Tomtom to activate it manually.

It sometimes happens that the service has not automatically activated, which is why you had to ask Tomtom to activate it manually.

I did submit a ticket to them via the help support link you kindly provided. How long it takes them to reply, if they do, we shall see.

It's normal the GO620 is the GO Camper Tour on the same serial number for the radar subscription you must contact Tomtom customer service to assign you the lifetime service on GO 620.

Why would two different named units have the same serial number?

My GO620 is boxed as a GO620. The software when connecting to my PC displayed briefly that it was for the GO620, yet on MyDrive it shows in my devices as a GO/GO Camper Tour.

Very strange.

Ask a Question