Unable to update my GO510/710.....

TomTom Model(s)
GO510/710 + XXL530•S + XXL550•T
I recently bought an XXL TomTom so my original GO510/710 has been sitting in a box in the closet.

Decided to give the old reliable GO a charge and an update today but the newest version of HOME (2.7.5.877) just can't handle the job. It lets me sign in and it recognizes the GO and HOME begins the update/s process and then freezes and quits......repeatedly. Can't get anywhere.

This is happening on both of my desktop MACs.....one being an older desktop (PowerPC) and a newer Intel version.

Is there an older version of HOME that can handle the update process for the older GO510/710? Since the newest version sure as s__t can't.

Thanks in advance for any help with this

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you establish a new email account for the new unit? (Doesn't even have to be a real email address, just in the proper format of (e-mail address removed))

Try downloading and installing TomTom Home 1,6 to your computer then see if that will recognise the device and update the device, once its swapped out a few files the device should be seen by Home 2 which will negate the need for Home 1,6 on the PC. - Mike

I found and downloaded TomTom HOME 1.5 for NAVIGATOR 6 for MAC OSX for but not 1.6.

I will give it a shot on my older desktop (a PowerPC) within a day or two.

Hopefully it will work.

I just want to update the GO510/710 since it has been awhile since it has been used. I've been using the XXL exclusively since I got it.

Following your link, dhn, I still get Home 1.5 but apparently that works on my older desktop Mac, a PowerPC for updating the old GO510/710.

It gave me some updates but nothing major and I'm hesitant about buying a new map for the GO. The last time I did update the map on the GO it was a tedious if not traumatic experience.

BTW, the car charger that came with the XXL crapped out. Had to go out and buy a replacement. No warning......it just stopped charging the unit....in the middle of a very long trip and the battery holds just enough of a charge to go maybe 2-3 hours MAX if you are lucky. What a P.I.T.A.!!!!

Contact support at 866-486-6866. The charger should be under warranty if less than a year old.

Car charger for the XXL.......

....dug out the receipt and it is less than one year old by quite a bit.

Bought the XXL530S Dec. 28, 2009.

Thanks for the info. I will call later today.

Ask a Question