Problem with turning on navigation

One wonders whether the operating systems on the two cards is different, requiring the manual reboot?
Just for grins, check the file dates for the system and ttsystem files on the two cards.

Interesting.

Both the old system and ttsystem files are 11th Dec 2006
The new ttsystem file is 17th Jan 2019
There is no new system file - could this be significant regarding the rebooting issues? Unless it's lurking in one of the folders. Is that likely?

What this tells me though, is that what appeared to be an oem TT SD card is clearly not as some of the files were created on the SD card only a few days before I received it although they may have been copied from a genuine TT product. The physical card itself looks genuine enough though. To be honest, I don't really care as long as it works.

No, that's OK. The 'system' file is the bootloader. The actual firmware that runs the thing is the ttsystem file, and you've got two different versions is all, which may be why a reboot is necessary. They may be looking for slightly different things in the way of data format, etc.
As for the file dates, if the prior user/owner had updated anything, the file dates would reflect the date of the updates, so perhaps no reason to be concerned there, either.

Ask a Question