Problems turning on TomTom

TomTom Model(s)
One
Hello All,

I've had this ongoing issue with my tomtom one over the past month or two. The darn thing (from time to time) will not cut on unless I hook it up to a power source.

1) My first issue with this is that I have to plug the unit up to get it turn on. Initially I thought it was because my battery was so low each time but it happened yesterday and when I got it on, my battery was still fully charged from when I charged it the previous day. I have repeatedly tried the reset button with no results.

2) My second issue is that the power source has to be from an outlet or a computer. When I plug it up to the cig. lighter outlet in the car (green light comes on when unit is pluged up) it will still not cut on if I'm having this issue. Hitting the reset button is unsuccessful and I've also tried unplugging and plugging the unit up as well as removing and reinserting the sd card. When I hook the unit up to one of the other power sources it turns on without any delay and then the unit is fine until the next time it goes into "shut down" mode.

Anyone experienced anything like this before? I've talked with TT help and they want me send in the unit but with a trip coming up this weekend I can't send it until next week. My fear is that I'll get in the car on this trip and the unit will be in "shut down" mode and I'll have no way to get it on without finding someone to allow me to use their power outlet momentarily.

Thanks!!

Ask a Question