New maps V6.75

Be nice, I'm a noob. I live in the U.S. Where can is get the latest U.S. maps? What are the latest U.S. maps? How can I tell if I have the striped version?

Thanks,

NRVOUS82

Honestly the information is all here.

The latest maps are v675

Stripped down version of what? USA/Canada map is considered the stripped down version of NA map.

Last edited:
The lastest version of:

North America
USA and Canada
Western and Central Europe
Western Europe

is V6.75.1409 for all.

And USA and Canada is a stripped version of North America. Western Europe is a very stripped version of Western and Central Europe.

Yes but the v675 is not offered to US/Canada.
OK, but I thought that it was worth mentioning it since he asked for the latest version.

I think that it's really strange that they offer different vesions of the same maps for US and European people. That only confuses people and it must be a lot easier for TT to offer the same updates for everybody?!:confused:

Ok now im getting frustrated , I called TT told them how off my new updated map is. She told me that shouldn't be and to do a soft reset. Still did not fix the problem. Now I get home and there is an update when I attach it to TT Home, not for the map but for the unit itself. So I download it. Well now when I go to turn off my unit it shuts down and starts right up again by itself and keeps doing it. Im really getting frustrated now, New Map and seems every house # or business # is way as in my job is 1 1/2 miles off! And now this problem of it not turning off just keeps looping. I tried a Factory reset too and no good. Starting to wonder if I need to send it in. Doing a full restore of old maps and software version too see what happens. But than again whats the point of I can't get it to work with the new versions.:mad:

Ok now im getting frustrated , I called TT told them how off my new updated map is. She told me that shouldn't be and to do a soft reset. Still did not fix the problem. Now I get home and there is an update when I attach it to TT Home, not for the map but for the unit itself. So I download it. Well now when I go to turn off my unit it shuts down and starts right up again by itself and keeps doing it. Im really getting frustrated now, New Map and seems every house # or business # is way as in my job is 1 1/2 miles off! And now this problem of it not turning off just keeps looping. I tried a Factory reset too and no good. Starting to wonder if I need to send it in. Doing a full restore of old maps and software version too see what happens. But than again whats the point of I can't get it to work with the new versions.:mad:

Looks like the update is causing you trouble, are you even able to connect the unit to the computer and do a restore?

OK, but I thought that it was worth mentioning it since he asked for the latest version.

I think that it's really strange that they offer different vesions of the same maps for US and European people. That only confuses people and it must be a lot easier for TT to offer the same updates for everybody?!:confused:

You're right, that is the latest version.

I agree, too much confusion for the consumers.

Yes I can do a restore of the old map V.650 which I am going to have to use. I spoke to TT today and he said he has had complaints with the V.665 as well from other people. I said there is a V.675 offered outside the USA it shows but he says he knows nothing about that. Just really eats me away a little knowing there is a new map V.665 and its just not accurate in my area. Oh well!

Hi,

I have a TomTom GO 510 and I have installed the new maps USA & Canada v6.75 on my device yesterday.

So far I have noticed that new roads have been added since v6.65. I have roads that are even not displayed in Google Maps (where NavTeq is there provider).

Patrick.

I just check mapinsight.teleatlas.com site and the map v6.75 are more up to date than this site !

psor

I just check mapinsight.teleatlas.com site and the map v6.75 are more up to date than this site !

psor

Hi all,

I've been lurker for quite a while. Now I'm diving in and asking questions.

Anyway... I've been wanting to buy new GPS and TT is my choice but what is stopping me is my home address. It does not exist on the device.

I've done googlemap and it is not right. Even TeleAtlas Map does not have my street at all.

Can anyone punch in for me to see if Inwood Drive will meet up with Morland Drive S. Located in Adamstown, Maryland 21710?

If this shows correctly! Then I'll be running to store to buy one. :)

Nope. No luck (GMap, Street & Trips too). I found both streets you mentioned but they don't cross.

But that's not important FJCruiser. After purchasing your TomTom, stand in front of your home, set your HOME location using Current GPS position.
Go anywhere, just hit Navigate/'HOME' when you want to return. TomTom will bring you back for sure.

Last edited:
Nope. No luck (GMap, Street & Trips too). I found both streets you mentioned but they don't cross.

But that's not important FJCruiser. After purchasing your TomTom, stand in front of your home, set your HOME location using Current GPS position.
Go anywhere, just hit Navigate/'HOME' when you want to return. TomTom will bring you back for sure.

Sometimes it does, sometime it doesn't. My street was not on the original 910 maps, and the GPS home location would get lost and constantly have to be re-set up. I then used the closest point on a street that was on the map (1 block away), and set that up as home and that alway worked OK.

I think it may have a problem sometimes dealing with a location that it cannot calculate a route to if it is not on a street in the system.

If your home isn't on the map, this isn't too important because, after all, you do know how to get back to your own house. As suggested, just pick a close by location that is mapped and use it as 'home'.

I suggest you pick up a TomTom from a big box store with a good return policy and give it a whirl!

If your home isn't on the map, this isn't too important because, after all, you do know how to get back to your own house. As suggested, just pick a close by location that is mapped and use it as 'home'.

I suggest you pick up a TomTom from a big box store with a good return policy and give it a whirl!

Thanks y'all for quick replies. I decided to head out to the store and buy the device, and I'm not going to return it. I've researched long enough to know exactly what I like. Played with plenty of GPS out in the market. TOM TOM ONE came out ideal for me. For features... dollar to dollar, it is a damn good price.

Also I researched alot on mapping data. I believe TeleAtlas will be a leader in the market.

Anyway, I'm not seeing my street on the map. I'll need to look at it this wknd. :-(

Signing out...

Last edited:
Map Data Concerns...

Greetings All! I'm a new Tomtom 1 V3 (with SiRFIII & SD card) user, and thought that I'd relate my experiences with the maps.

The original map was Usa and Canada, V660.1215. I used this map for a few days, and it seemed fairly accurate. Only had 3 problems:
- Tried to route me to a Subway's that did not exist - I was sent to a field.
- Did not have a neighborhood across the street - it's beeen there about 2 years.
- Has as completed a new road that is not yet constructed - the road is on the master plan, and construction just began.

So, I thought that I'd update to the new downloadable map - Usa and Canada V665.1293. It seems to have it's own set of problems. I can't check for the missing Subway routing, as I was somewhere in Maryland or Delaware when that happened. However, it has the same other 2 problems listed above.

However, it has what I consider to be a major flaw - it's missing an interchange off of I95 in Northern VA. This interchange has been operational for over 2 years. I would assume that changes to major interstates would have high priority for database updates - especially as they have roads under construction as being complete.

I checked the Telealtlas web site for problem reporting - the interchange is there. I'll be downgrading to v660 over the weekend to see if the interchange is there - I'll report back here.

I'm also going to ask if anyone with V675 can see if this interchange is present. On google earth (which also does not show the interchange), the coordinates are:
38o22'09.89"N 77o27'59.02W

The interchange exists on 'maps.google.com', and can be found by going to 'centreport pkwy, stafford, va'.

Thanks for listening!
-Joe

Yes major problems with V.665 but if you downgrade which I had to do also make sure you go back to the original firmware also. I had the newer firmware with old map and it was screwing up my TT

If you can, buy a bigger SD card and load the N_A map, instead.
I switched from USA and Canada 660 to North_America 665, and it's night and day.
Just bought a Transcend 4G, x155, cheap & works good.

I bought a 2GB card and tried the N.A. Map V.665 still same problem as in being way off as in destination and also I was around my house on the back roads and it showed like 3 Hospitals the Icon POI and there isn't even a hospital close to where I was. Went on Tele Atlas and typed in my work address and home address and it showed exactly what V.665 was showing as in the destination and it's wayyyyyyyy off! V.650 is Door to Door!

Ask a Question