New maps V6.75

TomTom Model(s)
iPhone / Android / GO1015
Have any of you tried the new map North America V6.75? Is it much improvement from the previous release?

I am testing Western and Central Europe V6.75 myself now.

As they appear to be the same map as v6.65 recently offered to North American users, I don't think many of us will be spending our money on this. I think this is an upgrade for Europeans, who were denied access to v6.65.

As they appear to be the same map as v6.65.
Have you tried V6.75 yourself since you say that it is the same as V6.65? I find it hard to believe since it is a new release number. And V6.75 is supposed be based on TeleAtlas 2007.1 maps!

I have V6.65 myself and I wonder if it's worth the money to upgrade to V6.75 before I go to US and Canada on vacation.

To quote from another thread on these maps:

Ok, I called TomTom Support, and got the skinny on this new downloadable 2007 map update. It is exactly the same maps that we have on our $6.00 DVD. It is labeled as "2007 Maps", to differentiate them from the DVD we have.

Someone else said that on trying to order them, he entered his present product code, v6.65, and was told not to upgrade as he already had the most recent maps available.

I tried that myself and this is what I was told: "You already have one of the most up-to-date maps available." But since the V6.75 maps are based on TeleAtlas 2007.1, there must be differences. But I wonder how much?

I hope that if somebody upgrades to North America V6.75 they will tell us if it is worth it.

New Maps

I Would Like To Advise My Fellow Tt Newbies And Not That Maps Upgrades Are Not All That Great! Unless You Live In An Area Where There Is Constant Growth! Tele Atlas Makes It Sound Like There Is So Much More To New Maps! It A Business For Anyone Who Falls For It. Now Never Mind Places Like Ny Or Me That I Live In Rome And Not Much More Can Be Built. Yes We Do Have Construction Of New Roads Going On But How Many New Roads Can Be Built In Your Area? Maybe What Has Been Added To The Map Are Roads You Might Not Even Use For The Next 5 Years Or Ever! I've Never Seen Anyone But Paper Maps Every Year At The Gas Stations Before Nav Systems Were Out....... I Has Happend That I Was Driving And A New Road Was Being Built And Tomtom Didn't Show It As We Were Re Routed A Bit But Like 2 Miles Later It Re Calculated The Route And Was Back On Track! So If You Think That Paying What Ever The Cost Of A New Map Everytime Teleatlas Comes Up With A New Is Worth It Go Ahead! But Here's Another Example I Was In California Last Summer With A Brand Spanking New Tomtom 1 Week Old And Just Arrived At The Store! Well Tomtom Map Said That The Bridge In San Pedro - Long Beach, Calfornia (st.vincent) Was A Toll Bridge And I Even Knew It Wasn't For Atleast 5 Years Now.! And In Irvine There Was A New Comunity Being Built Wow What Was I Going To Do Then? No New Map.....no New Paper Map.....turn Back And Go Home? Well We Have Cell Phones Now, Gave My Friend A Call And Gave My Coordinates And 2 Min Later I Was There.

Have you tried V6.75 yourself since you say that it is the same as V6.65? I find it hard to believe since it is a new release number. And V6.75 is supposed be based on TeleAtlas 2007.1 maps!

I have V6.65 myself and I wonder if it's worth the money to upgrade to V6.75 before I go to US and Canada on vacation.

So you have 665 USA/Canada maps? I was also under the impression that that version was apparently available in the NA only? or is it the 665 NA maps only available in NA?

Does that make sense? LOL :eek:

So you have 665 USA/Canada maps? I was also under the impression that that version was apparently available in the NA only? or is it the 665 NA maps only available in NA?
Yes, I have the (stripped) USA/Canada V6.65 map. And I have the (full) North America V6.65 map that came with the same DVD:D

No, it was not available only to people in the US and Canada, but TomTom refused to send it to an address outside USA and Canada..... it's a small difference between those 2 things:rolleyes:

So I ordered the DVD for $6 from Norway and sent it to some friends in the US and they sent it to me. No problem!:)

Yes, I have the (stripped) USA/Canada V6.65 map. And I have the (full) North America V6.65 map that came with the same DVD:D

No, it was not available only to people in the US and Canada, but TomTom refused to send it to an address outside USA and Canada..... it's a small difference between those 2 things:rolleyes:

So I ordered the DVD for $6 from Norway and sent it to some friends in the US and they sent it to me. No problem!:)

I see.

Well, currently right now I see no way of ordering the 6.75 maps through the US/Canada TT site. It appears to be only from the UK site as far as I can tell.

Futhermore, I don't have a friend on the other side of the pond :(

Actually, I don't even think I want it just because the upgrade DVD had no improvement other than allowing me to install the NA maps. I don't think its worth the money right now unless someone can tell me that they really notice a definite improvement in there area.

I ordered the upgrade got it on DVD and installed it. USA & Canada map. Well it seems way off now. My older version was right on the money when it came to my house # and driveway. Now it shows I need to go down the road another 300 yards past my house to reach my destination. I also see roads with names where there is no road but actually woods. Also noticed Ct,St,Rd is off. Says Ct when it's really a Rd .

I ordered the upgrade got it on DVD and installed it. USA & Canada map.
Which version are you talking about? You are not talking about the new V6.75 maps? They can only be downloaded, not bought on a DVD. And you should use the North America map. The USA & Canada is stipped to fit on a 1GB memory module.

I went over to the TT site UK and it doesn't list the NA maps, just USA & Canada for 99.95 EURO. It seems like I can't.
Yes you can:rolleyes: You just have to select GO910 as your device. Then you see North America V6.75 (1.4GB). It is no problem using it on other devices as long as your memory card is large enough.

Which version are you talking about? You are not talking about the new V6.75 maps? They can only be downloaded, not bought on a DVD. And you should use the North America map. The USA & Canada is stipped to fit on a 1GB memory module.

I went on TomTom.com and clicked on new maps. It than tells you to enter your product code to check if you have the latest maps installed. When I did that it showed I did not have them installed and that I can order for shipping cost only $6.00 the new maps on DVD which I did and received. And in the instructions it tells me to click on Usa & Canada maps which is what I had previously on my TT. And those were more accuate than the new one.

Ok I just hooked it up to TT Home and it shows V665 how and where do I find the latest maps than? Cause on TT website if I enter the product code in that came with this DVD of the new map it shows I have the latest version. And it sure is not accurate.

Cause on TT website if I enter the product code in that came with this DVD of the new map it shows I have the latest version.
You can not trust that! The European maps that came with my GO910 was V6.50. Until now (one year) the TomTom web site has said that I have the latest maps. Last fall I tried the V6.60 maps, and I found 20 improvements in my local area the first 2 days. But the TT site still told me that my old V6.50 maps were up-to date!

You can not trust that! The European maps that came with my GO910 was V6.50. Until now (one year) the TomTom web site has said that I have the latest maps. Last fall I tried the V6.60 maps, and I found 20 improvements in my local area the first 2 days. But the TT site still told me that my old V6.50 maps were up-to date!
That's probably because they don't want you to update so often.

Think about it. If a noob who doesn't know much about PNDs start receiving messages about updating his/her maps every few months, they're gonna start panicking.

Ask a Question