New maps V6.75

You can not trust that! The European maps that came with my GO910 was V6.50. Until now (one year) the TomTom web site has said that I have the latest maps. Last fall I tried the V6.60 maps, and I found 20 improvements in my local area the first 2 days. But the TT site still told me that my old V6.50 maps were up-to date!

But I have the V6.60 and its way off from the older map I had in there is what I am saying.

But I have the V6.60 and its way off from the older map I had in there is what I am saying.
Was your previous version North America or USA and Canada? USA and Canada is a stripped version. Have you tried installing North America from the V6.60 DVD? North America contains the full version.

I havent tried that yet, not sure if it will fit on the SD card that came with the unit if its a larger file. Also do you think that would really make a difference of where my house # is on there? Like I said I had Usa & canada before this version and it was dead on.

I ordered the upgrade got it on DVD and installed it. USA & Canada map. Well it seems way off now. My older version was right on the money when it came to my house # and driveway. Now it shows I need to go down the road another 300 yards past my house to reach my destination. I also see roads with names where there is no road but actually woods. Also noticed Ct,St,Rd is off. Says Ct when it's really a Rd .

I have same experience in MA. I wonder if there is any improvment at all in 6.65 vs my original 6.5

Well I know the Map I got came on DVD for $6.00 I wouldn't mind having the most up to date map if there is one beyond what I have but what is it going to cost. I notice they show it in euro so beats me what it is in American money. At least now I know im not the only one with this problem.

Well I just called TT took all of 1 minute on hold to speak to someone:D
I asked for the TT 510 what is the latest map available as of right now for Usa & canada and it's V.665 which I have. It's just way off and I dont know if loading the NA Map is going to make a difference but I need to get a bigger SD card to find out. The one that came with the TT is not big enough.

btw, if you go to the Europe (I chose UK) download page, "Map of USA and Canada" is 919MB. So it's definitely bigger than our 665.1293 and slightly bigger than 660.1215

I have my original usa canida that cam with the tom and I down loaded two off demonoid a north america that dont work and a updated usa with seperated states that has alot more than my original tom disk but im only useing IL WI and iowa off it I dont know what version it is but its really great and if any one wants it they can have it eather download it or I can mail it to ya it also has all the voices maid I just had to take some files off the original tom disk and mix it onto my 2 gig card and the it booted fine after I put the original tom files on I can walk anybody through it

Checking V6.75

I have the North America V6.75 map now (1.4 GB). If somebody want me to check specific things there, you can send me a PM and I will check it! I can make a summary later in the forum (without any person names) so that the forum members can get an idea if there are improvements from previous version!

I have been using the new maps since they became available. I have found quite a few errors in the new series that I do not remember finding in the earlier series. In one instance tt is asking me to make a turn where there is no possible turn and it is off in its calculations about 100 ft in this area. That is just one. Now regarding those POI's that are missing!! Maybe someone can explain to me this observation. Earlier edition of maps had some problems so we all dutiful sent in our corrections. New set of maps not based on those so now more corrections are needed. Did I miss something here or does that make sense?

I have been using the new maps since they became available.
And you are talking about North America V6.75 that was released last week? Have you found any improvements at all? I have checked a couple of places that were wrong in previous version, and they seem to be corrected:) I am just checking from my home here in Norway, but so far it seem to be more updated!

I know there is a lot of talk about the new maps but there seems to be a bit of confusion as to the version of the maps (at least for me).

Is 6.65 the same as 665.xxxx? In other words, if you look at the version number through the TomTom menus (not through VTT), does it show 665.xxxx or 6.65? I know for me and most people here it is showing 665.xxxx.

Also, with the new version 6.67, is it 6.67 or 667.xxxx?

This would be the revision that we received in January. WHen I logged onto the tt site to check on the new maps out of curiosity I was told my maps were the latest. Go figure.

This would be the revision that we received in January.
No, that is not correct! I have found differences myself between those releases! You should not trust TomTom if the web site tells you that you have the latest maps. See what I wrote here:

You can not trust that! The European maps that came with my GO910 was V6.50. Until now (one year) the TomTom web site has said that I have the latest maps. Last fall I tried the V6.60 maps, and I found 20 improvements in my local area the first 2 days. But the TT site still told me that my old V6.50 maps were up-to date!

The latest maps, V6.75 are based on TeleAtlas maps from January 2007. The update from Januaray was based on TeleAtlas maps from October 2006.

I have the North America V6.75 map now (1.4 GB). If somebody want me to check specific things there, you can send me a PM and I will check it! I can make a summary later in the forum (without any person names) so that the forum members can get an idea if there are improvements from previous version!

The DVD I got with NA & Usa & Canada on it, the USA & Canada maps are V.665 I haven't looked to see if the NA is V.6.75 should it be or is it also going to be V.665? I called TT and they said V.665 is the latest.
If you want to come to the USA and come to my house to see if it is different than the V.665 Usa & canada I would appreciate it :p
All I know is that the USA & Canada V.665 is so off compared to the previous older version I had when I first got my TT.:(

OK so everyone is saying there is a Newer version 6.75 than what I have which is V.665 and TT on the phone told me that's the latest version 665 so how and where do I get the V.6.75 :confused:

I haven't looked to see if the NA is V.6.75 should it be or is it also going to be V.665?
I'm sure that it is V6.65. V6.75 was released late last week!

I called TT and they said V.665 is the latest.
That is absolutely not correct!

If you want to come to the USA and come to my house to see if it is different than the V.665 Usa & canada I would appreciate it(
Maybe I will:eek: I will be driving 6000-8000 miles in the US this year!

Ask a Question