New maps V6.75

Ok I tried doing it through the UK sight and it shows USA & Canada Map v.6.75 but no NA Map, no big deal. BUT when I click on it to try and purchase it, it's in euro and it asks what country I am in and there is no choice for United States. Ughhh this is getting frustrating. All I know is I got the DVD v.665 from TT and it's just way off from the older map that came installed. If there is a newer version I would like to get it to see if there is a difference but it doesnt seem like I am getting anywhere.

Ok so I got my 2GB card and uploaded to NA map V.665 figuring maybe it would make a difference from the USA & Canada V.665 map. No luck it's still way off as in location, Guess I just need to deal with it.

Ok I tried doing it through the UK sight and it shows USA & Canada Map v.6.75 but no NA Map, no big deal. BUT when I click on it to try and purchase it, it's in euro and it asks what country I am in and there is no choice for United States. Ughhh this is getting frustrating. All I know is I got the DVD v.665 from TT and it's just way off from the older map that came installed. If there is a newer version I would like to get it to see if there is a difference but it doesnt seem like I am getting anywhere.

The NA maps are only intended for the TT910 as it is the only model with the storage capacity. If you choose the TT910 as the model the NA maps become an option.

Now currently, the 6.75 are only available in Europe so unless you have a friend in Europe you won't be able to get it.

Ok so I got my 2GB card and uploaded to NA map V.665 figuring maybe it would make a difference from the USA & Canada V.665 map. No luck it's still way off as in location, Guess I just need to deal with it.

The NA and USA/Canada map are the same in terms of detail. The biggest difference is the POI's as the NA maps come with more categories.

You can check at teleatlas site if their current map is accurate enough for you. If it is not there then then it ain't there in any version of tomtom. I have the same problem. The map in my home was some what more accurate in 6.5 and now the atleast one street name is wrong in 6.65 which was right in 6.5.

The NA and USA/Canada map are the same in terms of detail.
That is not quite correct. USA and Canda is using a stripped map. Most of the stripping is topographic details (lakes, small rivers etc.), but also some smaller roads are removed to fit under the 1GB limit!

Now currently, the 6.75 are only available in Europe so unless you have a friend in Europe you won't be able to get it.
Sorry, but I don't think that is correct. They are only offered to people in Europe. The reason, as I explained before, is that they are identical to the recent 'upgrade' map that most of you already have.

However, if you still really want to buy one anyway just select, for example, the UK site, pick the map and pay for it! Yes, you will have to pay in Euro's (that is what we use here instead of dollars ;)). But if you pay with a credit card that is not a problem. The maps are only available as downloads, so you don't need a European shipping address. I see no reason why the site wouldn't accept a US billing address, as long as the address you give matches what you CCard company has listed for you.

I might be wrong, but I don't think so. I do this sort of thing all the time, getting stuff delivered to a country that is different to the one my credit card is from. As long as you pay, who cares? With a download there are not even any physical delivery costs, so it makes no difference to them.

However, bear in mind that they are (very) unlikely to give you a refund for a map that they told you not to buy when you discover that it is exactly the same as the one you already have! But, hey, if you have money to burn, don't let me stop you!

Sorry, but I don't think that is correct. They are only offered to people in Europe. The reason, as I explained before, is that they are identical to the recent 'upgrade' map that most of you already have.
I have said it befor and I say it again: This is wrong! Have you tested the V6.75 maps since you can say that? I have tested it and it is not the same as V6.65. I have found improvements myself! If the improvements are enough to justify the price is another question!:rolleyes:

And, as I have written several times, V6.65 is based on TeleAtlas data from October 2006 while V6.75 is based on TeleAtlas data from January 2007!

Well I have the TT 510 got my 2GB card and loaded the NA maps V.665 Maybe it has more than the USA & canada but as far as being accurate it's still way off. I went to the site tele atlas and typed in the address and it's way off on there too.

Well I have the TT 510 got my 2GB card and loaded the NA maps V.665 Maybe it has more than the USA & canada but as far as being accurate it's still way off. I went to the site tele atlas and typed in the address and it's way off on there too.

If it is off on teleatlas site then it is not fixed in v.675 also. I have the same problem in MA but so far i found only one street name wrong which is my street. I think i can live with that. In your case what is the type of problem. Is the names wrong or the street is not there at all?

If it is off on teleatlas site then it is not fixed in v.675 also. I have the same problem in MA but so far i found only one street name wrong which is my street. I think i can live with that. In your case what is the type of problem. Is the names wrong or the street is not there at all?

With the older map that was in it when I got my unit , it was right on being house # or Work # of the house/building. With the new Map it's off on my house # by like 300 yards tells me to go past my house down the road to reach my destination. As far as work it tells me I reached my destination at house # 155 while my work building is #243 which is another 2 miles up the road.

However, if you still really want to buy one anyway just select, for example, the UK site, pick the map and pay for it! Yes, you will have to pay in Euro's (that is what we use here instead of dollars ;)). But if you pay with a credit card that is not a problem. The maps are only available as downloads, so you don't need a European shipping address. I see no reason why the site wouldn't accept a US billing address, as long as the address you give matches what you CCard company has listed for you.

I might be wrong, but I don't think so. I do this sort of thing all the time, getting stuff delivered to a country that is different to the one my credit card is from. As long as you pay, who cares? With a download there are not even any physical delivery costs, so it makes no difference to them.

However, bear in mind that they are (very) unlikely to give you a refund for a map that they told you not to buy when you discover that it is exactly the same as the one you already have! But, hey, if you have money to burn, don't let me stop you!

I tried to pick UK as my country but when it looks at my address (zip code) says it does not match the country so wont let me go further. Ok I am done with this topic LOL. I'll just suffer until TT comes out with a newer version here in the US

Just curious why would they offer over in the UK the USA & Canada V.675 but not here in the USA that version?
I can't speak for TomTom, but I'm quite sure that the reason is this:

GO910 had originally V6.50 maps. When it was sold in the US, people were promised a free update when it was available. That was not the case in Europe. When V6.65 was released, it was offered free to the US customers. That version was not for sale in Europe because TT thought that the improvements were not enough to sell it for a high price. But when V6.75 came last week they found that it was time to sell it in Europe. But the differences from V6.65 were not enougt to charge people 109 Euro in the US.

TT have a history of not offering all small updates to the public. They used to sell updates once a year. But instead of that I think that they could let customers from all countries download small updates for free, and then charge for larger updates, maybe once a year:confused:

I have said it befor and I say it again: This is wrong! Have you tested the V6.75 maps since you can say that? I have tested it and it is not the same as V6.65. I have found improvements myself! If the improvements are enough to justify the price is another question!:rolleyes:

And, as I have written several times, V6.65 is based on TeleAtlas data from October 2006 while V6.75 is based on TeleAtlas data from January 2007!
<shrug> either way both maps haven't changed the errors from 660.1215 in my area and I live in a big city (well, big for Canada hahaha). So yeah, 3 iterations and no updates.

Good Morning everyone,
Well I had a backup of the Old map that originally came with my TT 510 which shows version 650 I believe it is. So I put it on a SD card USA & Canada and this version vs. the New version I got V.665 is so much more on point as in distance & location of my work and home. Im little bumed because ofcourse you would think the newer version is supposed to be better & more accurate but I guess I will have to use the older map, at least here in my area.

Be nice, I'm a noob. I live in the U.S. Where can is get the latest U.S. maps? What are the latest U.S. maps? How can I tell if I have the striped version?

Thanks,

NRVOUS82

Ask a Question