NA larger poi/crpoi dat files

The 865.zip files are here

Something weird. The brand Folder contained the 38 KB zipped file brand.zip, dated 2010-Sep-09 16:38

Because the brand.zip file existed, jZip would only zip up the fie under a different name and picked 7314_3.zip for the 59 KB file (first time I sent a brand folder upon request, I believe its size was 22KB, just about the difference when the included zip folder is deducted)

7314_3.zip must be extracted to the brand sub-folder of North_America.

Cheers,
Arno

The 865.zip files are here

Something weird. The brand Folder contained the 38 KB zipped file brand.zip, dated 2010-Sep-09 16:38
Now that's odd. Thanks for the warning. And once again, thanks for making the files readily available. You da man, Arno.

Arno, I haven't downloaded it yet but I will later. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing. Like canderson said, you da man.

Thanks again.

Better enjoy it, Bob.
At this stage it appears that this is a second to last upgrade on my annual subscription.
Although they now even show Lane Guidance on arterial roads, they still have very few overhead signs to display in the Greater Toronto Area.
That is one of the things they advertised in 2008 for the GTA.

Last edited:
You may be right but check you do NOT have 'hide lane images' enabled. In other words, the icon SHOULD say 'hide lane images'.

And you DID have a route established, correct?

You may be right but check you do NOT have 'hide lane images' enabled. In other words, the icon SHOULD say 'hide lane images'.
Bloody 'ell! You got it in one!
Not happy with TomTom's programmers.
Installing a new map should not affect settings selected unless they are incompatible.
Worked OK in Pickering today.
Thanks,
Arno

Well, after 14,000+ posts on my part, you gotta figure the odds were that I'd get something right for a change. :eek:

Glad you got it sorted.

By the way, talking about weird changes in settings..... just check that all your poi categories are NOT checked to show on the map. I've seen that happen too. :rolleyes:

Download the 870 POI and Brand files here

Unzip and put the 81 BMP files into the North_America\brand sup folder.
Then unzip the poi.zip and replace the poi.dat folder in North_America.

Better get them fast. When clicking on the link of 02-22-2011 at 7:20 PM it says
"Restricted Content
This file has been deleted.
Reason: This file is forbidden to be shared."

Last edited:
Many thanks again Arno. I haven't even got the new map yet and here you are helping all of us again.

Thanks again.

Download the 870 POI and Brand files here

Unzip and put the 81 BMP files into the North_America\brand sup folder.
Then unzip the poi.zip and replace the poi.dat folder in North_America.

Better get them fast. When clicking on the link of 02-22-2011 at 7:20 PM it says
"Restricted Content
This file has been deleted.
Reason: This file is forbidden to be shared."

Tried to add POIs but managed to lose all my POIs.it appears that there was no folder "poi.dat" in the original NA map. Should there be one?

There should be a FILE called poi.dat, not a folder by that name and it should be found in the North_America map folder.

Ensure under Control Panel-->Folder Options-->File View-->Advanced (on some versions of XP or Vista) you have 'Hide extensions for known file types UNchecked.

There should be a FILE called poi.dat, not a folder by that name and it should be found in the North_America map folder.

Ensure under Control Panel-->Folder Options-->File View-->Advanced (on some versions of XP or Vista) you have 'Hide extensions for known file types UNchecked.

Thanks, got rid of folder and wrote file to root all seems ok

Missing info

The old poi used to have more data. There is no address on these POIs and no phone number listed, just a icon to phone. Since I don't have a bluetooth activated phone that is useless.

Sorry. reread previous posts and found out why.
So I guess the crpoi files don't exist for this map? Does anyone have them?

Last edited:
875 POI and brand files

Download the 875 POI and Brand files here

Unzip, then put the 83 BMP files into the North_America\brand sub folder and copy and replace the poi.dat file in North_America folder

Last edited:
Download the 875 POI and Brand files here

Unzip, then put the 83 BMP files into the North_America\brand sub folder and copy and replace the poi.dat file in North_America folder

Hi Arno
Is it possible for you to upload the POI file to MEGAUPLOAD

If not no problem
Thanks.

Your other link requires me to download a lot of stuff that I would rather not put on my computer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question