NA larger poi/crpoi dat files

I don't think there's a lot of difference between the two....

Both will push adverts at you before and probably during the download, but I don't think you actually have to download any executables to get the file you want from Filefactory, if you use the "Slow download" option.

And at least they don't get hold of your email address! With Megaupload, I think the way it works is that the sender has to provide an email address for you and Megaupload then use that to send you a download link. So they can send you all sorts of rubbish later on....

GarCor said:
Is it possible for you to upload the POI file to MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service.
It is possible but according to Gilbert MEGAUPLOAD is more intrusive than FileFactory.
Your other link requires me to download a lot of stuff that I would rather not put on my computer.
That is very surprising and you are the first one to mention it.
If you, like I did at the time against my better judgement, register you wil get an eMail once a year telling you about the benefits of paid membership.
I can live with that. ;->)

crpoi.dat and poi.dat files

arno, thanks for uploading the poi.dat files for maps 870 and 875.

however, the crpoi.dat files (which contains the address and phone information) was not included in either the 870 poi or 875 poi downloads. can someone upload the crpoi.dat files for either map 870 or 875?

yes, i was already aware of that subthread and am aware that maps 860 and those after map 860 did not contain address info as tomtom decided to eliminate the crpoi.dat file for space issues. however, as users have mentioned in the map 875 thread, there are different versions of the 875 map. those with the 25xx/1xxx series have an unabridged 875 map that do have the address info, and presumably the crpoi.dat files. but the users with 2gb tomtom units such as the 740 live are given a different 875 map version: an abridged 875 map_2gb version (without the crpoi.dat file) due to space issues and thus we do not have the address info that the 25xx/1xxx users enjoy.

i store my map on an 8gb sdhc card and have space so i would like to put the crpoi.dat on the sdhc card. i currently use map 875 with an older poi/crpoi.dat file from map 835 in order to get address info for the poi.

so is there someone with a 2xxx/1xxx series unabridged 875 map who can post a crpoi.dat file?

Download the 875 POI and Brand files here

Unzip, then put the 83 BMP files into the North_America\brand sub folder and copy and replace the poi.dat file in North_America folder

Thanks again Arno for taking the time to post the updated 875 poi files. You are a real asset to the forum.

For "joining" sites like File Factory, etc just to download a file, you can use 10 Minute Mail instead for an easy email address that disappears in 10 minutes. It works very well for things like this, as you don't have to go through the hassle of actually creating a whole new account through Yahoo, etc.

880 maps poi.dat & "brand" .bmp files

Sorry for the delay.

Download the 880 POI and Brand files here

Unzip, then copy and replace the poi.dat file in North_America folder and the remaining 80 BMP files into the North_America\brand sub folder.

No, there are no crpoi.dat files.

Last edited:
Yes, thanks for continuing to post these!

Can someone advise, instead of moving my map to an SD card, what extra files might I safely remove from my G0630 to make a little extra room for the POI data?
For example, can I remove unwanted voices or similar without causing menu errors or other ugliness on the device?

Thanks!

ApK

Yes you can.
Voices are a good choice as they take up quite a bit of room.

If you don't feel confident doing it manually by deleting the folders, you can use TT Home in the "Manage my device" section.

Sorry for the delay.

Download the 880 POI and Brand files here

Unzip, then copy and replace the poi.dat file in North_America folder and the remaining 80 BMP files into the North_America\brand sub folder.

No, there are no crpoi.dat files.

Arno,

You have been so gracious in posting these POI files for all of us; dare I ask if you are planning on posting the POI files for NA 885? Thank you so very much for your assistance and support.

Now that Pedro has been popping in again, perhaps he'll see this and pick up the slack this time around. He probably still has his 9XX unit with the larger files.

Ask a Question