NA larger poi/crpoi dat files

Many thanks, Arno. Let the download begin!

Now that map 890 has been released, can anyone share the full POI database for the NA_2GB map that will work on my GO 720T? Thank you in advance.

Well, there is a wee bit of a problem.
After downloading and installing the 890 map, my GO 930 tells me that there is my 805 W&CE map.

After deleting the NA 890 with Windows Explorer and re installing the 885, that one works fine.

I tried to get to Support from within Home 2.8.4.2596.
Yes, in desperation I went through the different faked versions right up to the current one, to no avail.
While logged in clicking on Online Support and there on My account details it pops up the NAV3 device for which my map subscription is not registered, shows the eMail address for that "not_connected" device and tells me to enter my password to log in.
I have not found a way to sign in for my 930.

If I delete the NA and Update my GO it does the re install (from the cache on the computer, as there is no download and installation is swift) and says it was successful. But, when I start and select Internal it opens the one on the SD card.
Going to Switch maps only the W&CE is shown.
I wondered if I could have received a corruption during the download but I did not want to delete it until talking to Support but I cannot find the Canadian number and I have been extremely busy with priority matters.
(I you hadn't posted, this matter would have stayed on the back burner; it's still there.)

To the moderators C,D&M, move the post if you consider a more appropriate spot.

So sorry to hear that you are having problems. Hopefully CS will be able to figure it out. Thanks again Arno for all your help and support.

Yeah, well, I don't bother providing the '1'. It's assumed for all toll free numbers.

When I posted this, being a bit desperate, I may have made a typo when dialing after getting the number from the web page.
At the time I got a recording that the number could only be accessed by US subscribers.

Even though there was zero reaction to my post I']] carry on there right now.

Sorry, I didn't intend to give you a hard time.

@Arno
Given what I read in the other thread, I'd be curious to know about the content of your 'maps' folder .. and I mean that literally. Does it contain *.tlv references to both NA and European maps, or only your European map?

@canderson

Yes, in the Internal Maps folder there is a .tlv file for each map.

Western_and_Central_Europe.tlv 2012-May-23 19:25 3KB

North_America.tlv . . . . . . .2012-Jun-07 16:27 7KB

There is no .tlv file in the SD card Maps folder.

BU Maps folders from 2012-May-22, before the initial download/install of 990,
have the North_America.tlv only in the Internal.
The Maps folder of the SD card, where the W&CE is has no files at all.

Based on that observation I deleted the North_America.tlv from the maps folder and reset the 930.
It made no change so I put the file back in the folder.

The 'maps' folder (or folders, as is sometimes the case) has been an ongoing mystery around here for quite some time. We've seen cases where it appeared that the *.tlv files had to be in the right spots in order for them to be picked up by the unit as 'inventory', and we've seen cases where they were completely unnecessary to the operation of the unit. That's why we've sometimes (but only rarely) had to recommend backing up and re-using the 'maps' folder along with whatever primary map folder(s) a user had.

I wish I understood how and when a unit would require the *.tlv to process a piece of content into its inventory.

FWIW, I carry NO 'maps' folder on internal memory, but that is because all of my maps are stored on external SD card. I recall having to manually remove the 'maps' folder from internal. Like you, my unit that has both N.A. and W.Europe shows only the N.A. *.tlv file in 'maps'. Nothing unusual there, I guess.

It's a shame that ttgo.bif only reports whatever map is currently in use on the unit, rather than noting the presence of other maps. At least we would be able to see what the unit sees, regardless of what is in current use.

Arno....I also replied to your other thread.

What is the latest NavCore for the 930 and a URL to download it.
I want eliminate the last potential cause for that problem, reasoning
that with that number of extra new folders there could possibly be an
adverse reaction between my 8.302 and the 990 map.

It may be that HOME sees your Navcore 8 version and knows you can't use the 890.4222 map.

It's my understanding it takes a Navcore 9 version to run the 890.4222 map.

The latest version for the 930 and many other models is 9.430

Here is the direct download link.

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/9.430.1-2008.go.CAB-navcore-GO.cab

Good Luck and keep us informed.

@PSJ,

Thanks. Looks as if we both had the same train of thought,

I downloaded it but am too busy to play right now to play.

I shall revert in a few days.

I thought I had sent a reply to canderson's post just before I left, saying that I cut all the loose files from the SD card and put them into the internal memory.

The device was usable but there are still problems with HOME2 and after getting back I am too busy to look into it right now.

Thanks for asking.

Ask a Question