NA larger poi/crpoi dat files

895NA+POI+crpoi.rar (161.58 MB) is available at www.filefactory.com

Unzip, copy the 2 .dat files to the North_America folder, all others to the Brand folder.

Having problems getting to the file you have listed. Is the filename you show above supposed to be a link? If it is then the link is missing. I logged into FileFactory and could not find anyway to specify the file to download. It appears that they are going through some site updates, so that maybe the problem.

Thanks again Arno for taking the time to post these files.

After going through the security steps and the extra 30-second wait, the file doesn't download. The error message reported by the page was "This webpage has a redirect loop".

Arno said:
Unzip, copy the 2 .dat files to the North_America folder, all others to the Brand folder.

Is the filename you show above supposed to be a link?
Yes, it is supposed to be one.

Just switched to the older interface and tried to make a new Link.

Try this and let me know.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/1b3ivkxtebyv/n/895NA+POI+crpoi.rar

Tried the new link in both Opera and IE. In Opera I get a redirect window that doesn't let me do anything. In IE it just tries to load the link and then File Factory flashes a Premium Sales Ad page. In either case it never gets to the files. Sounds like FF might be going through some growing pains. Is there any other free file site that we can use?

Thanks again Arno for your time and effort.

Tried again this morning hoping the the problems would go away. It didn't. Still the same results with both IE and Opera.

I've just tried; IE cannot connect to d/l, does accept the two check words.
Trying to d/l another map from FF - reports, along the lines of "the server your want to use is down for maintenance". Coincidence?

Tried again this evening with the same results for IE and Opera. I get all the way past the two word code and 30 second wait period to the "Click here to Download now". Clicking on that button gives me the same results as I indicated before. No joy. :(:(:(:(:(

Submitted a support ticket with the File Factory help team today. Let's see what they find out about this problem.

According to the FF Help Desk, the problem appears to be some type of foreign characters embedded in the filename. They are currently working to correct this problem. :confused:

Would help if you hadn't named it гигантские_файлов_POI.zip :D

I have always liked your sense of humor canderson. You have a unique way of looking at things.

I received an email from the FF Help Desk this morning indicating that the problem is fixed. I will try again and let everyone know what happens.

Excellent, Spook. Thanks for taking the time to follow through on this for us, and of course, to Arno for making these available every quarter. Time to start downloading!

This is weird, folks, I received Spook's post # 115 today.
Prior to that, the last one in this thread was # 102.

Since I had reported in # 103 that I had gone back in and uploaded everything via the old interface and not see any others I thought everything was OK.

I know every eMail notification contains the line There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.
But then, how come I got Bob's post today.

In any case I am glad perseverance paid off and I am amazed that FileFactory actually bothered with questions of unpaid users.

snip ... snip ...

In any case I am glad perseverance paid off and I am amazed that FileFactory actually bothered with questions of unpaid users.

I was also surprised that they took the time to track the problem and actually fix it. I might just have to sign up with them to show my appreciation. I do have an account with them but I am not what you would call a paying customer. This problem might have been caused by the recent updates they have done to the site.

Thanks again Arno for your continued support to the members of this forum.

Still having the same problem that we had with the 895 POI file. Getting a redirect error with Chrome and Opera and IE8 takes me from the download screen to an add for enhanced download services.

Can anyone else confirm this problem or am I the only one having problems?

Ask a Question