How to upgrade a ONE to a 2gb card for North America maps

How would you get a UK address as I want to purchase a new NA map here in a few days.

Does the faster ultra II sd cards work better that the standard SD card or just save the extra money for the map?

I think I read that people just put in anything for the address. Double check that with someone who actually did it, though. I think you could find someone looking through posts. As far as the card, the ultra II is a different card, I think. Stick with a 2gb SD card, or you could even go with a NON-HC 4gb card too.

i got the nA maps now what?

I downloaded the NA maps to my new 2 mb card.Do i have to delete the old files on the unit for it to run on th new card?Thanks

I downloaded the NA maps to my new 2 mb card.Do i have to delete the old files on the unit for it to run on th new card?Thanks

I am assuming that since you are posting in the TomTom ONE forum that you have one of the ONE models.

The ONE models will use EITHER the internal memory OR the SD card. If you have the SD card installed, the unit ignores the internal memory.

Because of this, you need all files on the SD card for the operating system and the maps. You don't need to delete anything off the internal memory, but the SD card needs the operating system to function.

loaded na maps to new sd card but it will not start?

I loaded the NA maps to the sd card through online update .everything went OK.I then loaded the operating files to the card.When my xl starts up it will not do anything until i take the sd card out.It shows a icon with a X through the sd card and to remove it.Any ideas what went wrong???
Thanks

It wouldn't matter which order you copied them. But as Birdman said, you have to ensure that you copied everything from the internal memory to the card. The fact that ONEs don't see the internal memory AND the card, they see the internal OR the card is a little annoying, and something I didn't know before I bought it, but it isn't that big a deal for me - at least if my SD card craps out on me, I can always pop it out and use the internal one. :)

can't get it to work

I have tried everything and i still can't get the xl to find the NA maps on the sd card.All the files from the internal memory are copied to the sd card except the usa-can maps.
I load's ok but when i try to use it all i can get is no maps found.
What next?????

my NA folder

Here is what i have

Attachments

• IMG_01113.jpg
    IMG_01113.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 314
Can't really make out the file names - but maybe someone who has the same North America maps can verify whether all the files are there or not. I know with my USA & Can maps, there are quite a few more files - but I think that they may be POI files and stuff that I've added.

Yes these are only the map file for NA.Not the operating system.
Here is a list of the file names.
Folder "BRAND"
cline.dat
cname.dat
cnode.dat
cponeme.dat
crpoi.dat
faces.dat
mapinfo.dat
North_America-7.meta
North_America-7.meta.dct
North_America.pna
poi.dat
tables.dat
tmccodes.dat
traffic.dat
If someone who has the NA maps can check if these are the same as there map files of or i missing something.
Thanks

Get this I loaded my TT1 V2 with the copied files and it still loads the us-canada map even with the SD card installed. It tells me it is not reading my SD card at all.

Get this I loaded my TT1 V2 with the copied files and it still loads the us-canada map even with the SD card installed. It tells me it is not reading my SD card at all.

How did you copy the files? Using TTHome or Explorer? If the latter, won't work. Also, did you remember to also have the system files on your sd card? Your model requires both maps & operating system in the same location........

I read though this post and am confused, I have a ONE V3, how would I upgrade the memory when there is no SD slot? Do i have to open the unit up?

Ask a Question