How to upgrade a ONE to a 2gb card for North America maps

I was using HOME.
the quickgpxfix was downloaded for me.
Last time I did update (in HOME), it was two days ago and i didn't get anything.
so I assumed that it was a new dl.
Maybe I was wrong?

I was using HOME.
the quickgpxfix was downloaded for me.
Last time I did update (in HOME), it was two days ago and i didn't get anything.
so I assumed that it was a new dl.
Maybe I was wrong?

When I connected my TT1 today I also was asked to download the quickgps. This is actually the third time I had to do this.

The first time I had to download it was when I first hooked up my TT1 to Home. The second time was probably a week ago. The third time this morning.

It shows me a version number but the size is 0KB?? I hope it really is an update and not an error on my device constantly updating.

I included a screen shot, judge for yourself.

Attachments

• quickfix1.jpg
    quickfix1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 403
The quickfix updates are always updated once a week.
These updates will tell your ONE where the satellites are located this week. Of course the satellite position changes, this is why there's a new quickfix update once a week.

The quickfix updates are always updated once a week.
These updates will tell your ONE where the satellites are located this week. Of course the satellite position changes, this is why there's a new quickfix update once a week.

Ah...thank you for clearing that up. Now, I'm not worried.

On a side note I just received the new maps. Doing a backup now.

Your welcome.
I added the tomtom icon from the back up to the new SD card.

Anyone know what to add to the new SD card so auto run menu will have HOME listed? I know it does this with the OEM card.

After updating the to the new maps all my favorites are gone. I remember reading there is a file you can restore from backup but I don't know what it is...please advise.

In the process of upgrading the TT1 to a Sandisk 2gig Ultra II card and after selecting what to install, including North America map and clicking install it asks for the license/activation key. Do you supply this again? Already activated to update the orginal maps (USA & Canada) on OEM SD card. Thanks!

NOPE!

I've tried 2 different ways and 3 times. It loads the data, but the TT1 loads the card and basically turns off. I've tried just copying the data from the OEM card to the new card using my iMac. I've tried 2x following the directions here to the letter using a PC and the results are the same. The card seems fine, meaning I can read and write to it, but the TT1 just doesn't seem to be able to read it.

I give up!!!! Just can't figure out what's going on?

Are you installing the app from the dvd along with the maps? That was key for me. I had all kinds of trouble until I did that.

TT'ers never quit!

I give up!!!! Just can't figure out what's going on?
Hi CTK,
as a memeber of this site and a proud owner of a TT device, you are not allow to give up!

We here at TTF strive to make every TT device a working one and every TTer a happy one!!

We will get you fixed!!! We promise.

fanchee wrote this how-to and it works. We have to figure out what your variables are and get this thing working.....

Thanks guys....

Quitting for tonight and leave on a roadtrip tomorrow afternoon (1st one w/ the TT1). And yes (from the new maps DVD) installed the Application, North America, and voices. All installed fine, meaning I could put the card in a card reader and see the data on the card, just TT1 can't or won't.

Could it be a format issue? Have no idea how the card is formatted? I believe FAT 16????????

whoa!!!

you're installing thru a card reader instead of connecting your ONE via USB? that could be the problem!!!!

Ask a Question