GPS file update problem. Help please.

I have a TomTom One (2nd edition, I think). I've got the latest TomTomHome (2.6). Until a few months ago, every week when I updated my One, it installed some small gps satellite locating file. This seemed to enable the One to find the gps signal quickly. For the past few months it says there are no updates and my One is sometimes extremely slow in finding a signal (sometimes > 20 minutes!).

I'm guessing these two issues are related.
Anyone have any info?

PS: My One is running app version 7.903.

If you go here: C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete

you'll find a folder called ephemeris. Delete the contents of the folder but not the folder itself. Then, on your unit, there is a folder called ephem. Delete its contents.

Now, connect the unit again using Home and see if you get a new gpsquickfix file.

I have a TomTom One (2nd edition, I think). I've got the latest TomTomHome (2.6). Until a few months ago, every week when I updated my One, it installed some small gps satellite locating file. This seemed to enable the One to find the gps signal quickly. For the past few months it says there are no updates and my One is sometimes extremely slow in finding a signal (sometimes > 20 minutes!).

I'm guessing these two issues are related.
Anyone have any info?

PS: My One is running app version 7.903.

Barry
If you go into your Tomtom home / ephemeris on your computer and delete all the GPS fixes you have in there then connect your unit to your computer and TT home to update your unit you should get the latest GPS fix.

Thanks!
It appears to have worked. TomTom Home downloaded the update and it appeared in the ephem folder on my device.

Absolutely beautiful day in NS today (+12 and sunny) but I expect that's just to fool us a bit. waiting a couple more weeks is probably a good idea. :D

Ask a Question