Can't download QuickGPSfix file from TT Home 2.1

Shortly after I got my TT ONE LE, I downloaded the GPSfix file. A couple days later, the ONE simply couldn't find a signal anymore. I'd leave it outside on my porch for 10 minutes, sometimes I'd get a fix, other times I wouldn't. I tried updating the GPSfix file and updated it once-- still nothing. Finally, in an act of desperation, I went to the "Remove files from your ONE" feature on HOME, and deleted the GPSfix file. Coincidence or not, my ONE's ability to pick up a fix improved dramatically. I remember it connecting with 10 satellites when I first opened the package, but now I can get 5-8 on a regular basis within a minute.

Anyway, when I tried looking for updates at the time, GPSfix wasn't available. I figured that it was the same version as the one I just deleted, so it didn't think I wanted it. But now it's been about a month since all this, and I still can't get the GPSfix file in HOME anymore. What can I do now?

i have been downloading it every week since i got the le- and it works fine- unanswered question is if i have to continue doing this every week- or it tomtom learning? anyway every time i start up home 2- it takes me to update and has the update- the last one i got was 1199389273- not mentioned by tom tom - are they doing an update every week- i guess if home says there is a new update-its different from the last one i have

Well, when I try to update my ONE, it shows that "no updates are available", and I last downloaded GPSFix about a week after Black Friday!

Ask a Question