Where can I get a FastGPSFix File?

Ijust got an email from TT saying there was a file called FastGPSFix for my XXL540-TM, The The email asked me to download it to my device. My email is on my android tablet with no TTHome. Connected my device to the latest version of TTHome on my PC but no such file was in my updates.

Can someone tell me a location to download this file and where it should be placed in the device?

Thanks
Nemo

When you connect with Home, you should be offered a QuickGPSFix file update periodically along with a Mapshare update, etc.

This may be part of the problem. From the TomTom site when I did click on the link:

We are currently experiencing unusually high volumes on TomTom HOME.
We’re urgently investigating the issue.
If you have trouble connecting, please try again later.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The 'high volumes' may well have had to do with the email blast they sent out. I would imagine quite a few folks who hadn't connected to Home in ages finally did so ... quite possibly including the OP, though I'm not sure that the OP has become familiar with Home yet at all. Will have to wait to hear back.

What a bight bunch!

BTW, when opting to see the announcement in a browser, the graphics appears the be straight MyDrive, not HOME.

The 'high volumes' may well have had to do with the email blast they sent out. I would imagine quite a few folks who hadn't connected to Home in ages finally did so ... quite possibly including the OP, though I'm not sure that the OP has become familiar with Home yet at all. Will have to wait to hear back.
Ummm, you talkin' 'bout me?? LOL....yup I dug out the old 550 XXL to see if this update makes me want to ditch my Galaxy S3 Google Maps. One of my biggest gripes was it took forever to lock onto a gps signal.

To keep this on topic, I plugged in my device and it appears that it's going to give me this update. Will see how it goes once this crazy long backup of the device finishes up.

Can't accesstom tom download web sight for quickgpsfix, seems like too many users trying to access. When I called toll free tom tom phone number the message said they experiencing big traffic to their web sight. Probably as a result of e-mail blast Nov 7/13. Will continue trying to log in.

Ask a Question