Charging question

TomTom Model(s)
Start 25
Hi,

I have just purchased a TomTom Start 25 which came with a charger/adaptor. My car is quite old, it's a 1996 Ford Mondeo LV. My question is can I plug the TomTom charger straight into my Mondeo cigarette lighter socket? I suspect not!

If I need an adaptor can anyone tell me the type/model of adaptor I need.

Thanks,

Terry

Unless there is something unique about the Mondeo, you should have no issues. To the best of my knowledge, the charger should work in any vehicle that has a 12-volt electrical system. (I just realized that I drove a car in the 80s that had a very strange and unique lighter that might have required a special charger, but that is the only exception that comes to mind.)

I plug my TomTom chargers into the cigarette lighter sockets of my 1995 Ford Taurus and my wife's 1955 Lincoln Towncar with no problems, so age should not be a factor.

- Tom -

Unless there is something unique about the Mondeo, you should have no issues. To the best of my knowledge, the charger should work in any vehicle that has a 12-volt electrical system.
- Tom -
I know it's sorted but over here it sols as Ford Contour, Mercury Mystique
Looked like a Taurus that spent too much time in the rain and shrunk a bit.

Ask a Question