XL 340S text to speech

TomTom Model(s)
XL 340S
How do I set the text to speech on the XL 340S, so it will speak the name of the the streets so I don't have to keep and eye on the screen while driving?

I have 2 computer voices installed and selected one of them but don't hear cross roads announced, only driving/turning instructions. Is there another step to take?

Computer voices don't verbalize cross streets, just stuff like 'in 300 yards, turn left on elm street', 'keep on road for 5 miles', stuff like that.

You can also set the voices to warn you when upcoming pois of your choice are near, I think.

Thanks, I misunderstood. What then is the difference between having a computer voice installed and a regular one? The computer voice files are much bigger, so does that mean if I only install the other voices I won't hear certain things? I was hearing voice commands before downloading & selecting computer voices. I guess it's more stuff now?

That's correct. Recorded voices cannot say the names of streets.

So, it's 'turn right' instead of (computer voice) 'turn right on Elm Street'

OK got it, thanks. Does this mean I can delete all voices of all kinds except for one computer voice to save space?

Ask a Question