Verizon / TT Traffic / Step-by-step (1)

Motorola Q

Well - :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

No luck with the Verizon Motorola Q 9m.

I followed all of the instructions, minus the QPST hack, and when I get to the end I see a message stating:

unable to set up your wireless data connection.

Do you want to change your settings?

Choosing NO deletes the settings, choosing Yes runs me back through the process again.

WTF???

Verizon V3m

I followed the directions to a T and no luck for Verizon Razr V3m!!! Any suggestions???

tomtom GO 720 &
Verizon Razr V3m

I was getting the same error:

did the QPST hack, still the same thing.

Had to go into the service mode and set the phone up for 1X only, badabing connected just fine.

I am using a Go910 and an LG VX8300.

Got traffic updates, weather, quick fix GPS, color schemes download etc. It all worked.

I would hope that Corp TT & Verizon would agree to "implement" a "cross the board" working fix for Data.

Rumors have it, that talks are and have been underway. For the little amount of data that is actually exchanged, just can't believe it couldn't
be worked out. I'm hoping Verizon would allow to port input without requiring the subscriber to add additional services.

But realistically, I truly don't feel the traffic feature should be viewed as a deal breaker for those comteplating buying a TomTom unit. It's an OK feature....but far far away from being an absolute "needed" item.

My 720, used as a GPS device, totally kicks ass. Down the road, I think we'll all see the little bells and whistles improving and actually working.:)

Verizon and Razr v3m and one LE

Hi folks I am still trying to get the razr v3m and my Verizon to work with my One LE. I get all the way to the part that asks for the #777 call number. and then the DNS Auto script none etc. But after that it states that the connection is not able to a work. When I dial #777 on my cell phone it states that the number is not in service... Is there another access code to access the wireless plan. I have unlimited wireless with my phone. But cant seem to get it to work. Please help me figure this out... Reading through the posts it seems several people are running into the same thing. Any help is much appreciated. Matt -):rolleyes:

i have a lg 9900 i followed the tt when it dialed out it failed and i have a tomtom xl s

Last edited:
I have a Verizon Motorolo V325i and I got everything working and the traffic icon running and then I got a screen that told me I had not subscribed to traffic and I needed to do that.

I got weather and it quit working; the phone froze. I re-did the setting and now I get to the "Checking wireless data connection settings..." screen and the phone makes like it going to connect --I get two flashing white data arrows- then it times out after 65%. It says, "Unable to set up your wireless data connection and then asks me if i want to change the settings. Any one with any clues?

Last edited:
Chillycat, in terms of the traffic service updates, I find that in the Detroit area, there are LOTS of traffic updates - and it reroutes me automatically and correctly. I guess it depends on the specific service area.

Chillycat, in terms of the traffic service updates, I find that in the Detroit area, there are LOTS of traffic updates - and it reroutes me automatically and correctly. I guess it depends on the specific service area.

That's deff good news. The whole idea behind it could become invaluable if all areas of our fine country eventually are up and running. I will be the 1st to re-subscribe once that's a fact.

SIDE NOTE: So last week I got this load going from Louisville,Ky to Port Huron,Mi. Doing the ole 75 nothbound thru the fine city of Detroit. Well, who's bright idea was it to close an entire stretch of interstate hwy. [I-75 in Detroit Metro] ??
Not only close it , but then detour you thru surface steets not ever intended for commercial truck traffic. I was friggen PO'd. Hit that mess right at evening rush hour and it ended up taking me 1 1/2 hours to traverse the 10 or so miles. I hold you and the rest of your Detroit are residents responsible for this entire situation. Consider yourself [and your neighbors] put on notice.

No, Not yet. I can't get free weather or anything else, so I didn't want to activate it and waste it while I couldn't get a connection. Besides, I can't finish the set up of the data connection.

I have a Samsung SCH-U900 and it will not hookup BT but it finds a data connection, why?:confused:

I finally got it to work and I also attempted to follow the manual setup procedure for TT Traffic but my phone says unable to setup due to restrictions to DUN. Whats up with that? I have a VCast VPak subscription.

Last edited:
Well - :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

No luck with the Verizon Motorola Q 9m.

I followed all of the instructions, minus the QPST hack, and when I get to the end I see a message stating:

Choosing NO deletes the settings, choosing Yes runs me back through the process again.

WTF???

Yeah, same here (and I also have the Q9m).

Blackberry 8830 Verizon and Tom Tom 930 Works for Data

After extensive research and trying different things, I finally got the 8830 on verizon to work with the data on Tom Tom 930. Below are the steps:

1. You must sign up for tethering.
2. You must go to Verizon Wireless and download VZmanager. Install it on a pc with the 8830 connected. You have to get the DUN software on the 8830.
3. You then must tether the phone to the VZmanager PC and dial in. This makes sure that tethering works. Disconnect and log off. Make sure your Tom Tom and the 8830 are paired via bluetooth. Go to Tom Tom Services and pick weather.
4. You then set up the Tom Tom 930
a. Access point : vzw
b. username : (e-mail address removed)
c. password : phonenumber
d. Automatic DHCP and DNS
e. No script
5. The Tom Tom completes the set up and then all data works.

The only thing that I cannot get working now is reading or displaying txt messages.

Hope this helps. Joe

I am using the TomTom One New Edition & the LG Voyager. I have followed all of the instructions posted in this thread but have had no success.

I can pair the two without issue. I can add all of the passwords, user ID's but when I get to the end I get the "unable to ..." Screen like so many others.

I called into TomTom, (they are in the building right next to me here in Concord, MA.) and asked about the compatibility with Verizon.

I was told that TomTom works with GPRS cell carriers but not with Verizon because they are CDMA.

He also went on to tell me that they are indeed trying to work something out with Verizon but had no details as to the time frame.

For those of you who have it working consider yourself's lucky at this point.

Also, for those of you who got it to work is it still working and has there been any charges from Verizon to date?

I am using the TomTom One New Edition & the LG Voyager. I have followed all of the instructions posted in this thread but have had no success.

I can pair the two without issue. I can add all of the passwords, user ID's but when I get to the end I get the "unable to ..." Screen like so many others.

I called into TomTom, (they are in the building right next to me here in Concord, MA.) and asked about the compatibility with Verizon.

I was told that TomTom works with GPRS cell carriers but not with Verizon because they are CDMA.

He also went on to tell me that they are indeed trying to work something out with Verizon but had no details as to the time frame.

For those of you who have it working consider yourself's lucky at this point.

Also, for those of you who got it to work is it still working and has there been any charges from Verizon to date?
I don't know why it worked for Chilly, everyone else that has Verizon has said that they had to buy the tethering plan for an extra $15 a month.

Has there been any additional costs from Verizon? I'm with Sprint right now but going to Verizon at the end of July and will probably get the LG10000 Voyager. I've tried to connect my TT930 to a friends' Voyager and it connected the phone and phonebook without a hitch...haven't tried the plus traffic services yet though.

I can occasionally get my BB 8703 and my TT720 to work for plus services but it is never easy

usually i have to reset the 8703 by pulling the battery and then reset the 720 by hitting the reset button. From there activate bluetooth on the phone and then wait about 10 minutes for the "Data Mode Enabled" to appear on the phone

From there I can usually get traffic or weather. If the phone rings or I get any email then I usually have to go through the above again

Basically I am thinking either the BB or the 720 is breaking the connection and the other does not sense this and then will not allow another connection. Real pain in the ass and a disapointment

Between the really poor ETA on routes and sometimes very questionable routes and the hassle with the data connections I am starting to doubt the purchase and think of looking for something else.

Has there been any additional costs from Verizon? I'm with Sprint right now but going to Verizon at the end of July and will probably get the LG10000 Voyager. I've tried to connect my TT930 to a friends' Voyager and it connected the phone and phonebook without a hitch...haven't tried the plus traffic services yet though.

Data services via your phone are an extra monthly charge. You can use it as a handsfree device and you can get the phone book for no extra fee, but traffic without the receiver device and weather reports require the data tethering plan. I think it's $10-15 a month.

On the positive side, some of the plus services can be downloaded when you connect to your PC for MapShare updates. I'm doing that for gas prices now.

Ask a Question