Traffic - Settings - Verizon - Tour - 920

TomTom Model(s)
Through several attempts after reading several posts I am still unable to pair my BB Tour through Verizon with my TT 920 for traffic.

I have a BB Tour with Verizon as the carrier. I have enabled the tethering service and verified the functionality by using the device as a laptop modem. I have a 920. The TT recognizes and connects with the BB bluetooth for handsfree calling. I have paid for the traffic service though TT.

I know it does not auto-detect and although I have tried that, I have also tried several times to manually enter the information. (VZW3g etc etc).

Any step-by-step help would be much obliged.

Through several attempts after reading several posts I am still unable to pair my BB Tour through Verizon with my TT 920 for traffic.

I have a BB Tour with Verizon as the carrier. I have enabled the tethering service and verified the functionality by using the device as a laptop modem. I have a 920. The TT recognizes and connects with the BB bluetooth for handsfree calling. I have paid for the traffic service though TT.

I know it does not auto-detect and although I have tried that, I have also tried several times to manually enter the information. (VZW3g etc etc).

Any step-by-step help would be much obliged.

As far as I know tomtom pairs only with the list of tomtom approved cell phones and with very few verizon phone The list of phones is on the tomtom web sites. Maybe others on this forum can help you. Good luck

Try these settings, but if it works wait a bill cycle before heavy usage. Sometimes Verizon charges this connection as peak minutes instead of data.

APN - blank
username - (e-mail address removed) (replace with phone number)
password - vzn
Dial - #777
script - blank

Verizon uses a different protocol for their data that isn't supported by TomTom devices.

If you look at the phone compatibility list for Verizon, none of them support Plus Services.

Verizon's not officially supported by Tomtom, but per the posts here, some members have been able to get things working with the settings I posted.

Try these settings, but if it works wait a bill cycle before heavy usage. Sometimes Verizon charges this connection as peak minutes instead of data.

APN - blank
username - (e-mail address removed) (replace with phone number)
password - vzn
Dial - #777
script - blank
Thanks mvl...but I get met with "Unable to set up your wireless data connection..."

one more thing. Try "vzw" as the password. I think "vzn" that was a typo.

What % does the phone get to when it starts to attempt the data pairing (before giving you the error)?

one more thing. Try "vzw" as the password. I think "vzn" that was a typo.

What % does the phone get to when it starts to attempt the data pairing (before giving you the error)?
mvl,
I tried the vzw password with no greater success.

I get to 55% each try.

I haven't been on Verizon for a really long time, so I'm a bit rusty here.

First, have you confirmed that a laptop with the vzconnect software can log in via your blackberry? This will make sure your blackberry data plan is provisioned properly.

Also, you can try the older/slower Verizon settings (I used these back in 2004):

APN - blank
username - qnc
password - qnc
Dial - #777
script - blank

Back then, verizon charged peak minutes for usage on these settings. So again, beware on your bill.

mvl,

I do have the VZAccess Manager software installed on my laptop and can successfully use the BB as a modem. I do have the "tethering" service through Verizon.

I tried your 2004 settings without success.

Any other ideas?

I'm out of ideas. You may want to search and post your question at crackberry.com

I wouldn't be surprised if vzaccessmanager uses a different bluetooth profile like bluetooth PAN (not supported by Tomtom) and if verizon blocks bluetooth DUN on the Tour. If this is the case, you'll never be able to get it working.

Ask a Question