Verizon / TT Traffic / Step-by-step (1)

Great tutorial!!

I wish someone would post something similar for using a BlackBerry Curve with T-Mobile service.

Rob

Will this work for me?

I have a ONE V2, and a V3m phone with Verizon, will this work for me, Chilly? At no additional charge?!!?!?! :eek: Sounds too good to be true...;)

I have a ONE V2, and a V3m phone with Verizon, will this work for me, Chilly? At no additional charge?!!?!?! :eek: Sounds too good to be true...;)

3 billing cycles and i've not seen any $'s charges $'s from Verizon.

Willl it work for you ?? Well, according to some , mine shouldn't be working.
I have a 2 year old V3m phone and it works each and every time i'm within my home area [30+ mile radius]

The screen shots taken, as a part of this quasi tutorial were all done in one sitting, and done "live" as I was walking thru the numerous steps. I was trying to dispell the belief that I might not being truthfull about what I was experiencing. According to some, our phone MUST be hacked to get it to work. Mine is not.

The bottom line is, I have no idea if it will work on your phone. Also, I have no idea why mine works and others cannot.

On the negitive side, once I leave my home area, I find the success rate in connecting to be greatly diminished. That is a situation i'm trying to resolve.

I'm also trying to explore possibilities of making a data connection via the [recently purchased] Novatel USB 727 Modem which plugs into my laptop. I have the Verizon Broadband plan. Had I chose to use the Broadband Service over my existing V3m phone , i'm imagining this would make for the perfect set-up. Unfortunatly, I need to have the phone readily [talking] available while i'm also working off the laptop.

For the $100.00+ per month fees i'm paying out to Verizon...... i'll not rest , until I figure all this out.

I'm guessing you did not use the right process. Here is the link that shows you how to enable DUN. Although it's in the LG section it seems to cover many Motorola phones as well.

E815's can be a bit of a PIA. Verizon did something to one version of the phone that I don't think anyone has figured out how to get around although check out post 15 in the above thread and see if it helps. If not your best bet would be to talk to the Howard Forums members and see if they can help you. Start with this thread.

If you want to disable EDVO that's fine and I would if your not using VCast features. It's believed that Verizon does not monitor 1xRTT traffic like they do EDVO but no one has ever been kicked off Verizon unless they were using a large amount of GBs off of a notebook. If the only thing you use tethering for is your TT you should not have a problem. According to TT you'll be lucked to use 5MBs in a month.

I performed the DUN hack last night and am now currently waiting on my TT920 to be delivered from Cali. One question... When using my phone to send data to the TomTOM, will that charge me minutes on my phone? How does that work? I only have 450 minutes/month so if I am charged minutes while the TT gets data then I need not to do it... ANy suggestions Timon??

Depends on your plan. The National plans will charge you $1.99 per MB unless you have the unlimited data option for $15 a month.

I'm not sure about America's Choice so check that out with the guys on Howard's Forums.

Some of the old plans, like mine, charge by the minute but only if your using 1xRTT, not EDVO.

Remember if your not going to use your phone for VCast or other such Verzion services turn off EDVO and just run with 1xRTT. Less of a chance that Verizon will notice you as it seems that they really don't monitor 1xRTT that closely. DON'T use your phone with your notebook as that will tend to get you noticed by Verizon.

How do you turn off EVDO/EDVO? I've a BB 8830. Maybe going to the alternate would allow the BT to work??? Probably not. I'd gather when I dial into that #777 number, it does some verification and says NO WAY!!!

Still nothing on my Treo 700P. I get all the way to where it should connect and it tells me "Unable to set up your wireless data connection. Do you want to change your settings?" I tried both what was shown in the first two posts and then by telling it my phone was a Treo 650, either way, no luck. Part of my problem may be that I actually have the data plan.

On a side note, I was able to get my adress book and pair the 720 to my phone to make calls remotely for the first time. That's a HUGE start!

Last edited:
3 billing cycles and i've not seen any $'s charges $'s from Verizon.

Willl it work for you ?? Well, according to some , mine shouldn't be working.
I have a 2 year old V3m phone and it works each and every time i'm within my home area [30+ mile radius]

The screen shots taken, as a part of this quasi tutorial were all done in one sitting, and done "live" as I was walking thru the numerous steps. I was trying to dispell the belief that I might not being truthfull about what I was experiencing. According to some, our phone MUST be hacked to get it to work. Mine is not.

The bottom line is, I have no idea if it will work on your phone. Also, I have no idea why mine works and others cannot.

On the negitive side, once I leave my home area, I find the success rate in connecting to be greatly diminished. That is a situation i'm trying to resolve.

I'm also trying to explore possibilities of making a data connection via the [recently purchased] Novatel USB 727 Modem which plugs into my laptop. I have the Verizon Broadband plan. Had I chose to use the Broadband Service over my existing V3m phone , i'm imagining this would make for the perfect set-up. Unfortunatly, I need to have the phone readily [talking] available while i'm also working off the laptop.

For the $100.00+ per month fees i'm paying out to Verizon...... i'll not rest , until I figure all this out.

It didn't work for me, I got up to step #24 and it said that wireless data connection could not be established...:(

I have a Verizon KRZR K1m and I can't get past the first step (Push TomTom Traffic). It tells me that the service is not available. Anyone, anyone?

OK, no, not me. It tells me "this feature not supported" when i use tomtom Traffic and when I use TomTom Plus services, traffic is not on the menus, and no feature that is (weather, buddies) is supported. Is this a phone issue? The K1m is a CDRA (CDMA?) phone.

Tried again and the the Go 720 told me I didn't have a data connection, but then it retrieved weather information. Then I turned it off when I left work, turned it back on in my vehicle then the Tomtom couldn't retrive weather. Seems like I am close. :)

Roy

OK...I tried this on my LG phone and it did not take, I have a TT920 ..so I do not know what the DNS is . Also the #777 is not working on my phone , it comes up as a number no longer in service . Are there any other options/tweaks that I can try?

I spoke to TOMTOM today ..they are trying to work out a deal with Verizon to get this working

OK...I tried this on my LG phone and it did not take, I have a TT920 ..so I do not know what the DNS is . Also the #777 is not working on my phone , it comes up as a number no longer in service . Are there any other options/tweaks that I can try?

I spoke to TOMTOM today ..they are trying to work out a deal with Verizon to get this working
Will it work without buying additional service from Verizon, or being charged an ungodly amount to use it?... I wonder...

Verizon RAZR 9m

I have the new RAZR 9 whatever phone. Does anyone know what vizon features I need to get a legitimate hook up? I spoke with 3 different Verizon reps today and all 3 told me different stories about what I needed. One tried to sell me an unlimited data plan that was $59.99 a month. I sure could use some help before I add anything to my account.

Ask a Question