Traffic with Palm Treo 700W and Verizon (US)

Has anyone gotten traffic and other plus services to work with the above configuration?

I use a 510 and just purchased the Treo as an upgrade to my otherwise useless V6700 (Audiovox).

According to conversations I have had w/ Verizon the Palm Treo 700W does NOT support bluetooth teathering...so it ill not work.

If this is NOT the case then you must ensure your data plan is teathering capable ($15/mo)...

If you just got the phone you may be able to trade it in for the Motorola Q - which I am told supports bluetooth teathering.

Wow, that sucks, in this day and age why are there still PDA's that don't support DUN and bluetooth tethering?

I know I used to have an LG V which didn't dupport DUN, but there was a registry tweak that allowed USB tethering. There also used to be a registry tweak that allowed the Q to be used for DUN and bluetooth tethering WITHOUT the Xtra $15 plan, but Verizon killed that with the Q's most recent software update, MOL2.

I'll see if I can find anything for the Treo 700W.

On a side note, there is a GREAT program called PDAnet that will allow alot of PDA's to be used for DUN, USB, OR Bluetooth tethering to your notebook (PC, or MAC), unfortunately it doesn't work with TT.....yet! Hopefully a future update will allow us to save that extra $15 from Verizon, or as I like to call it, the Smoke Monster...lol

Ok, I've read that the 700W CAN be used for BT DUN (Bluetooth Dial-Up-Networking), but the only instructions I found were for tethering it with a PC, not with a TT. But if it's possible with a PC, then it is more than likely possible with TT. Here are links to a few Treo forums. Join them, search for BT DUN, or tethering, then ask questions in those threads and I'm sure you'll find a solution. When you do, post the instructions here!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76
http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=897422
http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/treo-700w-700wx/63296-treo-700w-bluetooth-devices-support.html

Lastly, if someone refers you to PDAnet, which is a nice app, let them know it doesn't work with TT.

Tomtom Treo 700w verizon COME ON PEOPLE!!

Someone has to know how to do this guys!!

I have looked at probably 10 other forums! I know this is the best one, now come on! Let's figure this out??

HOW DO WE MAKE A Verizon Treo 700w or 700wx communicate for the Plus services for Tomtom assuming we already have the data plan????

PLEASE POST BACK!!!!

I have looked at probably 10 other forums! I know this is the best one, now come on! Let's figure this out??

HOW DO WE MAKE A Verizon Treo 700w or 700wx communicate for the Plus services for Tomtom assuming we already have the data plan????

PLEASE POST BACK!!!!

Rstallwo, I've seen you post this EXACT message twice here, and multiple times on other forums, so which forum is the best one?..lol.

The purpose of these communities are for everyone to share ideas, best practices, and put our heads together and try to resolve problems. There are very knowledgeable people here (and on the other forums I've seen you post) who are happy to help us all, but it seems to me that you want someone to come over and pair your treo & TT for you! Have you tried to figure it out, or are you just waiting for someone to give you turn-by-turn (pun intended) instructions? You haven't given any information on what you've tried, what roadbloacks (pun intended) you've encountered or anything. If yo do so, maybe someone would be able to help. Just posting "how do WE" make something work, without providing any input is not gonna get your problem resolved. If you look at my post directly above yours, and look at my posts in other forums you've posted in, you will see options/instructions on helping you accomplish your goal......do a little research. There are maps (pun intended) out there, they may not give you SPECIFIC instructions for your SPECIFIC situation, butwith those maps, you could be the guy who writes the tutorial for Pairing a Treo with TT.

Last edited:

PLEASE POST BACK!!!!

Hello rstallwo, I have to agree with skizza in that no feedback was given in what you have tried. As you can see the Palm Treo 700w/wx are currently not supported as compatiable with the TomTom PLUS service so there isn't a quick fix or settings avaiable. However, people have gotten phones to work that are not on that list but it takes a bit of trial and error.

People are trying to help you (skizza and berkisho both of which are knowledgable in the subject), just listen to their advice and see where it takes you.

Please post back and tell us what has happened. You'll definitely help the cause in failure or success.

Why Not Use TomTom Navigator?

Call me crazy, but you're doubling your GPS capable devices with that combination. Why not just get a $50 GPS receiver for the Treo 700W and buy TomTom Navigator for Windows Mobile? I can guarantee you'll get connectivity then. ;)

Call me crazy, but you're doubling your GPS capable devices with that combination. Why not just get a $50 GPS receiver for the Treo 700W and buy TomTom Navigator for Windows Mobile? I can guarantee you'll get connectivity then. ;)

One reason: It's a little tough to look at my Treo 700w screen when I am zooming down the road on my motorcycle :eek:

Treo 700W Verizon connection?

I'm interested in how to configure my Treo 700W wiith the GO 300. I just upgraded my Treo's firmware and now it recognizes the phone, but I don't have the right login script or Access point name.

Do a search and you'll find it pretty easily

I'm also trying to pair my Treo 700w with the GO 300 and ran across your instructions for the Q but no luck. My 700W has the latest firmware upgrade and now recognizes my TT300, and the TT recognizes my phone but in the end, they refuse to join forces.

I've searched this web but have not ran across any threads that have had success with these two devices. Is it time to give up and wait for the powers of Tom Tom to include the Palm 700 series into their collective?

How far have you gotten in the process and what happens when you get there? Also, aside from the $45 data plan from verizon, do you also have the $15 phone as a modem plan?

How far have you gotten in the process and what happens when you get there? Also, aside from the $45 data plan from verizon, do you also have the $15 phone as a modem plan?
I'm guessing I need to cough up another $15 phone as modem plan? I can only get as far as TT list of phones and providers. Verizon is not listed in the TT menu, nor is the Palm 700W, only the Palm 650.

Ask a Question