Verizon / TT Traffic / Step-by-step (1)

Navigate to this screen?

I'd like to try this with my VX8300 but step 1 of the procedure says "navigate to this screen and select TomTom Traffic". Other steps make references to screen, but I am only seeing text in the instructions, no screen shots. Am I missing something here?

Thanks -

Never Mind

Apparently I had graphics turned off in my profile. Sorry about the waste of band width.

LG VX8300 on Verizon

Well, I followed the instructions starting with suppafreak's hack and then ChillyCat's step-by-step instructions and my TT700 now gets Traffic and Weather through my Verizon LG VX8300. Whoopee! I'll let you know next month if I'm getting any charges for data

Well, I followed the instructions starting with suppafreak's hack and then ChillyCat's step-by-step instructions and my TT700 now gets Traffic and Weather through my Verizon LG VX8300. Whoopee! I'll let you know next month if I'm getting any charges for data
That's great. I'm too afraid I'll junk my phone or get shut down by Verizon. :(

I'll let you know next month if I'm getting any charges for data

Two billing cycles for me and i've seen NO additional charges.

QPST'd my dialup number from @dun.vzw3g.com to @vzw3g.com -- I'm now getting connected 100% of the time. Have logged 11,450 miles/21 States in the past 30 days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall impressions of the traffic option:
I dunno.........???? I really don't.

I guess I really didn't know what to expect, but there hasn't been one situation that the traffic warning has injected any type of critical warnings or re-directs. I pick up and deliver in major metropolitan cities all across the Eastern U.S. I encounter accidents and construction delays on a daily basis. I was of the impression the traffic warnings were real-time based and would aide in circumventing such backups and delays. I've updated the traffic report while stuck in hour long backups and the dang things giving me absolutly no information. I'm really wondering just how effective this feature really is ? Possibly the "free" service was given because the feature's yet to be fully implementive ? I'm really happy overall with my lil Tom....... but this traffic feature is FAR from being any thing i'd pay real money for.

just did the steps you listed. i have a one xl-s and a vzw razr v3m. nothing works yet. but i am still learning. i have only had the navi for about 3 hours now!

Two billing cycles for me and i've seen NO additional charges.

QPST'd my dialup number from @dun.vzw3g.com to @vzw3g.com -- I'm now getting connected 100% of the time. Have logged 11,450 miles/21 States in the past 30 days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall impressions of the traffic option:
I dunno.........???? I really don't.

I guess I really didn't know what to expect, but there hasn't been one situation that the traffic warning has injected any type of critical warnings or re-directs. I pick up and deliver in major metropolitan cities all across the Eastern U.S. I encounter accidents and construction delays on a daily basis. I was of the impression the traffic warnings were real-time based and would aide in circumventing such backups and delays. I've updated the traffic report while stuck in hour long backups and the dang things giving me absolutly no information. I'm really wondering just how effective this feature really is ? Possibly the "free" service was given because the feature's yet to be fully implementive ? I'm really happy overall with my lil Tom....... but this traffic feature is FAR from being any thing i'd pay real money for.
What does QPST'd mean? Were you using @dun.vzw3g.com when you first set up your phone and Tom Tom? It wasn't that way in your instructions. Do you think that would get mine to work?

What does QPST'd mean? Were you using @dun.vzw3g.com when you first set up your phone and Tom Tom? It wasn't that way in your instructions. Do you think that would get mine to work?

QPST is an app which allows you to edit the dialup [for data use] number.

It was [as I described] set to @dun.vzw3g.com , I simply deleted dun.

Oh well, ok. I guess I'll just have to wait until they include tethering with their plans maybe...

Maybe ......maybe not. [?]

QPST was an easy app to use. Took a whopping 5 mins.

Since I applied the change, i'm able to connect to traffic just about anywhere I go.

I've yet to understand exactly why mine [and others] works. But, some
are having no luck at all connecting. Hearing rumors that soon, Verizon & TomTom will have a working solutiuon.

And, i'm still not 100% i'd actually pay for the service. Seems to me the service has a ways to go to be a marketable/viable product.

Traffic and my VX 8300

Maybe ......maybe not. [?]

QPST was an easy app to use. Took a whopping 5 mins.

Since I applied the change, i'm able to connect to traffic just about anywhere I go.

I've yet to understand exactly why mine [and others] works. But, some
are having no luck at all connecting. Hearing rumors that soon, Verizon & TomTom will have a working solutiuon.

And, i'm still not 100% i'd actually pay for the service. Seems to me the service has a ways to go to be a marketable/viable product.

So after getting everything to work on my VX 8300 I trashed the phone. (Don't ask:() But since I have the extended warranty I took the trashed unit to Verizon and they replaced it. I then spent the better part of a day getting it back to where the old one was (Tip: Verizon is now supplying the phones with the V.04 firmware. BitPim 1.0.1 won't work with the V.04, you have to upload the latest version 1.0.5) After backing up the phone with QPST I made the DUN change on the new phone, and tried to get the weather & traffic. No luck. TomTom is now saying that I have to subscribe to the Traffic Service ~$40/year. Somewhat strange since on the old phone they activated the traffic with no question. From your comments, it would appear that it really isn't worth the $40. Your thoughts?

Marty

Question on QPST

I used QPST and followed all the instructions on found on line when I am done I write to the phone but when I go and read from the phone again nothing has changed from what I edited. Any idea why ? By the way I have a Razr 3c

Thanks

Traffic Service ~$40/year. Somewhat strange since on the old phone they activated the traffic with no question. From your comments, it would appear that it really isn't worth the $40. Your thoughts?

Marty

First of all, i'd call support and have um officially start a traffic account. It was free when i called in. I'm thinking you only get a couple 2-3 months. Then
you should be able to manual config and things might work. [?]

Worth it? That's the question i'm facing. When i'm running hard, i'm covering 500-650 miles per day. That places me in numerous populated/metropolitan areas 2-3-4 times a day. I'm just not recieving very many warnings at all. I have been in the midst of huge traffic delays and never a word from the TomTom.
So i'm thinking after this free period, i'll sit back and wait an extended period of time before i'd pull the trigger with the credit card. Truly don't believe Traffic is ready for "prime-time" just yet.
I will re-call support and explain my displeasure with this feature and possibly they'll pony up sum more free months usage.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to connect through the USB and access the traffic info. Has anyone tried this? Thanks..

Didn't work for my E815.:(

Thanks for the effort though...

i got my e815 to work flawlessly. however, my phone had DUN enabled, and OBEX bluetooth already because i hacked it. I am not sure if that was the reason why it worked.

Ask a Question