How to get TomTom One Traffic to work on Verizon Treo 700 wx

I have Verizon's Palm Treo 700wx...

I'm trying to get the Traffic portion of the TomTom to work. I have tried various settings as follows:

1. Phone selection - other
2. Carrier selection - other
3. Access point - vzw3g
4. username - (phone number)@vzw3g.com
5. password - vzw
6. use DHCP-auto and DNS-auto
7. number to dial - #777 (and I have tried the default settings *99#)
8. No scripts

Neither of the ways successfully worked. The TomTom recognizes the phone and vice versa. It still gives me the following message: "Unable to set up your wireless data connection. Do you want to change your settings?"

Has anyone found a solution to this problem for the 700 series Palm Treo's?

Here's what I did with my Treo 700wx
I have sprint so it's a little different but the same

PDAnet allows you to use the data connection on your treo and make it look like normal data usage, not modem dailup

I went and got PDAnet software and installed in on my treo and turned on the bluetooth DUN feature. then I paired it with my tomtom one LE and presto I got traffice. Only problem is sometimes it won't connect on first try, and just tell the tomtom unit to try again. Hope this helps.

I have Verizon service as well and they said that I could not Pair wit ha Verizon phone. I talked to both TOMtom and Verizon and they both said the same thing. Tomtom said Verizon has it's own navigation system and they aren't playing fairly with others.

I have Verizon service as well and they said that I could not Pair wit ha Verizon phone. I talked to both TOMtom and Verizon and they both said the same thing. Tomtom said Verizon has it's own navigation system and they aren't playing fairly with others.

Ok, so I've been messing with mine for months now, and today i got my treo 700wx paired with my tom tom one xl!!!! hpaay day! i had to break down and try the 15 dollar extra a month tethered data connection, and it works. PDAnet will not work. I've tried everything else on all the boards, and this is the only way. I'm going to test out all the features and make sure everything works. Good Luck.

Tethering??

Ok, so I've been messing with mine for months now, and today i got my treo 700wx paired with my tom tom one xl!!!! hpaay day! i had to break down and try the 15 dollar extra a month tethered data connection, and it works. PDAnet will not work. I've tried everything else on all the boards, and this is the only way. I'm going to test out all the features and make sure everything works. Good Luck.

I already pay an extra $30 a month for a data plan. Are you saying that I would have to call Verizon and ADD and ADDITIONAL $15 a month for a tethering connection in order for this TomTom Traffic to work? Besides what is a tethering connection?

Please help!!

I have a Tom Tom One LE and a Treo 755p from Sprint and I am try to connect to Tom Tom Plus services and I need help.

Has anyone got this to work?
Do I need to use PDAnet to get this to work?
Please be a detailed as possible.

Thank you!!!!

Please help!!

I have a Tom Tom One LE and a Treo 755p from Sprint and I am try to connect to Tom Tom Plus services and I need help.

Has anyone got this to work?
Do I need to use PDAnet to get this to work?
Please be a detailed as possible.

Thank you!!!!

Bump! I just got a TT1 LE today, the one with Bluetooth and SD Card slot. My phone is a Sprint Palm Treo 650. I will be upgrading/defecting to the Windows Mobile Treo 800w later this year. Anybody here on this forum who has a Sprint Treo--Palm or Windows OS--that have been using TomTom Plus successfully, specifically the Traffic and Weather features?

Sorted out how to get the Sprint version of the 700wx to work...

First thing you need is your data account name. Click START/SETTINGS. On the system tab, click the About icon. On the phone tab, look for the Data user name field. It'll be (e-mail address removed)

3. Access point - (left null)
4. username - data user name
5. password - sprint
7. number to dial - #777
8. No scripts

Not sure if it'll behave differently under the PalmOS Treos

Pdanet DUN enabled still no luck

Sorted out how to get the Sprint version of the 700wx to work...

First thing you need is your data account name. Click START/SETTINGS. On the system tab, click the About icon. On the phone tab, look for the Data user name field. It'll be (e-mail address removed)

3. Access point - (left null)
4. username - data user name
5. password - sprint
7. number to dial - #777
8. No scripts

Not sure if it'll behave differently under the PalmOS Treos

I have a Sprint Treo 700wx and pdanet installed but can not get it to work, I can pair my treo to my One XL-S but and it says I have a wireless data connection but still asks me to setup a wireless data connection, I have tried the above settings to no avail. I even tried putting in my 10 digit phone # @sprintpcs.com and it never connects.
I have a verizon LG8350 set up to do data but It costs me $1.99mb to use the verizon data. I want to use my Sprint Treo 700wx because I have unlimited data from them and was using MS Live search prior to getting the TomTom.
Anyone who has been able to use Traffic with sprint and a palm treo 700 please give me a helping hand.
Thanks, Dave

Ask a Question