Anyone know how to connect traffic with motorolaQ on Verizon?

I have a 720 and a verizon motorola Q. I am able to connect via bluetooth but cannot add the traffic feature. Any one have suggestions. The whole reason why I upgraded to this model was for traffic and weather updates but it looks like that may not be possible. Also, does anyone have any idea of how to get the poi's for restuarants to display by kind of restuarant? ie chinese, italian> thanks:)

good luck

I have a 720 and a verizon motorola Q. I am able to connect via bluetooth but cannot add the traffic feature. Any one have suggestions. The whole reason why I upgraded to this model was for traffic and weather updates but it looks like that may not be possible. Also, does anyone have any idea of how to get the poi's for restuarants to display by kind of restuarant? ie chinese, italian> thanks:)

If you look around, there is quite a bit of information here about this, but in a nutshell, you can't do it unless you have Verizon's tethering option, unless, maybe, if you perform some rather complicated hacks that are available on howard forums. If you have tethering, there are some pretty explicit instructions available. If you find something else, please let me know.
joey

2nd on the tethering plan. I have a Blackberry 8703e through work and cannot use the traffic function via it either. It will say "modem mode enabled", but then refuse the data connection. Fortunately I can use it with my personal RAZR V3xx via AT&T though.

I know through our work plans, the tethering for Blackberry is only an additional $15/month, so you may want to call Verizon and tell them you'd like tethering capability on your phone. You could use VZ Access manager software if you have a laptop and use that as an internet connection as well, perhaps making it a better value.

Ask a Question