TomTom One 3rd itinerary active ?

Birdman has written up some instructions on just how to do that. I'm using this method on my 3rd edition. Understand though, you lose some other functions like, Map correction, Safety settings, and Help me. To get these back though, you can temporarily rename the menu... reboot and you'll go back to the default menu. Here's a link:

Customizing Menus on TomTom (Birdman)
http://home.comcast.net/~spheasant1/Custom_menu.html

where did you find the SDK directory. I'm looking on my TT One 3rd, and I did not see the SDK directory to make those changes.

I want itinerary back

where did you find the SDK directory. I'm looking on my TT One 3rd, and I did not see the SDK directory to make those changes.

I want itinerary back

The 3rd Edition does not have an /SdkRegistry/ folder by default. You must manually create one as described on my link the Rick posted above.

The 3rd Edition does not have an /SdkRegistry/ folder by default. You must manually create one as described on my link the Rick posted above.

Is there any way to add itinerary without altering anything else? Some of the other features, I use. I also tried to use the deal that lets you switch back and forth, but it did not work.

I just tried the link, with info, mentioned within this thread. It works.

If you can run a windos, use the program to generate a menu or multiple windows of what you want..

If you make notes of what you have one you TomTom right now, you can re-create that, and add the itinerary button to any menu.:D

Is there any way to add itinerary without altering anything else? Some of the other features, I use. I also tried to use the deal that lets you switch back and forth, but it did not work.

Unfortunately, there is no other way to add the itinerary icon and still include all other icons associated with the 3rd Edition.....this is due to TomTom moving away from open source architecture.

The MenuTT program should work find on your TomTom....Did you not see the icon for it or when you pressed on the MenuTT icon it didn't do anything?

I just tried the link, with info, mentioned within this thread. It works.

If you can run a windos, use the program to generate a menu or multiple windows of what you want..

If you make notes of what you have one you TomTom right now, you can re-create that, and add the itinerary button to any menu.:D

With the exception of the new Navcore7 icons, such as HELP ME!, MAP CORRECTIONS, etc. There is no way to add those icons to a custom menu.

Really? I just went through the link you posted, and I added itinerary back to my V3 TomTom One.

It appears to be functioning as of last night.

Really? I just went through the link you posted, and I added itinerary back to my V3 TomTom One.

It appears to be functioning as of last night.

Yes, you have the itinerary icon. But do you have the itinerary icon available in the same menu as MAP CORRECTIONS and HELP ME?

nope. and that would mean?
That's what was expected. From your earlier post, we thought you had the itinerary icon added to all the default icons. The itinerary icon is great... but you do have to give up the 'help me', 'map corrections' and another one I forget right now. These will be restored if you delete or rename the file you added (TomTom.mnu) to something else and reboot.

We just thought maybe you figured out a way to have it all. :D

And giving up some of the "default" icons/functions is a bad thing?

In looking at the windos program, you can add up to 4 pages of items.

So what is the big deal? (serious question), since I just bought the TomTom.

And giving up some of the "default" icons/functions is a bad thing?
Not necessarily. Although it would be nice to have 'map corrections' and maybe 'help me' available sometimes. But I know that all I have to do to get them back is to temporarliy rename 'TomTom.mnu' and reboot.

In looking at the windos program, you can add up to 4 pages of items.
Yes, but the 'help me' and 'map corrections' are embedded within the firmware of TomTom?so we can't just add those back.
So what is the big deal? (serious question), since I just bought the TomTom.
No big deal, just something we need to be aware of. We just thought from reading you earlier post that you had figured out a way to have those default icons added back along with itinerary. Wanted to know how you did it that's all.

Does anyone know how to make the itinerary active in the 3rd edition?
I can't find it!!!

Thanks!
Guit
Maybe I don't understand the question since I'm confused by the answers so far.

If you want itinerary select Change Preferences and make sure Show ALL Menu Options is selected. Then select Itinerary Planning. Then select Options and select Start Navigation or Load Itinerary.

dennis

Maybe I don't understand the question since I'm confused by the answers so far.

If you want itinerary select Change Preferences and make sure Show ALL Menu Options is selected. Then select Itinerary Planning. Then select Options and select Start Navigation or Load Itinerary.

dennis
danzeb,

The 3rd edtion does'nt come with the itinerary function. 'Show ALL menu options' is not a choice on the 3rd edtion either. You have to add a menu (.mnu) yourself and add it to the correct directory (sdk). That's why all the posts above dealt with that. I think Guit understood that and added the menu.

Ask a Question