TomTom 3rd edition NOT turning on

TomTom Model(s)
3rd edition
It makes the sound like it is booting up, and then NOTHING happens.

Attached is 2 screen shots showing all the files. Is something missing?

If nothing is missing, can someone point me to a place I can download all the files, so I can put them there as if I just bought it?

Attachments

• tomtom1.png
    tomtom1.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 383
  • tomtom2.png
    tomtom2.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 344
When you say NOTHING, do you mean it doesn't turn on at all or it doesn't boot up completely and stalls at the splashscreen?

When you use Home's emulator (Operate my Unit), does it work then?

When you say NOTHING, do you mean it doesn't turn on at all or it doesn't boot up completely and stalls at the splashscreen?

When you use Home's emulator (Operate my Unit), does it work then?

On the actual GPS itself, all I hear is the "drums" playing as if it is turning on. The screen stays black though.

When I use the Home's Emulator, I can see all the options via tomtom home, as far as setting a destination, changing preferences, etc.

However, nothing shows on the actual device.

When this first happened, my GPS went to some screen that I never saw before. Once there, no matter what I did (reset, on/off, etc), it would stay on that screen.

I let the GPS fully die, thinking it would reset something, but now it won't turn on period, except for the music. It is FULLY charged.

Well, it may be that the hardware dealing with the screen is done on the unit.

Well, it may be that the hardware dealing with the screen is done on the unit.

Is there a way to find out if so?

I really would like to try and fix this. Even though this is an older version, it has worked a lot better than most other people's GPS's that I know of.

Fully Charge
Reset and hold for 15 seconds
Power Button hold 5 seconds

Worked for me.
Good Luck, Maten3

Ask a Question