Windows 7 does not recognize TomTom One 3rd Edition

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 3rd Edition
How do I get my Windows 7 to recognize my One 3rd Edition? I have unistalled Home2, reinstalled it, but it hasn't helped. :(

I'm not sure if you mean that the computer isn't recognising the TomTom (as a USB storage device), or whether Home isn't recognising it.

But is there anything here that helps?

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7375/kw/home%20not%20recognising%20device

It has sections for both of those possibilities.

Also, is it a 64-bit version of Win7? Home usually needs to be run in 32-bit or XP emulation mode.

P.S. there seems to be a lot of it about at the moment... See here too.

PC not recognizing TomTom One 3rd Edition

Thank you for your response. I did try everything you suggested and also I do have Windows 7 64 bit. Is there anyway to get around this problem? I hope I don't have to purchase a new TomTom. This one works fine except that I reset it and now it doesn't have find alternate or clear route, which it had before. I'm not sure about all the updated maps that I had installed. I did not purchase any maps, thank goodness.
Again thank you for your suggestions.

Tom Tom One 3rd Edition

I checked the usb cable I was using and it wasn't the original. So I looked in my container of cables and started testing them found the original. It worked!!!!! My computer recognized my Tom Tom and I finally got it updated. Thank you so much for your help. I would never have thought about the cable. Thank you again!!!! :thumb:

If I hadn't had a problem once with a USB cable myself, I'd never have believed it either...

I was convinced that any cable would either be 'OK' or 'broken', so I was totally flummoxed by one which worked fine with everything else I tried it with but which refused to work with a new TomTom.

Ask a Question