windows doesn't recognise TT

TomTom Model(s)
XL 330S
I wanted to install a custom cursor. I read the installation instructions and connected my TT, chose "no" when asked if I wanted to connect to the computer and then it tells me windows doesn't recognise the connected device, therefore it doesn't show up in windows explorer. Anyone know a way around this or know what I need to do to get windows to recognise it? I'm running windows XP Home edition SP2.

Why did you select "no' when asked if you wanted to connect to your computer ?? of course you can't see it - you told it not to!

Why did you select "no' when asked if you wanted to connect to your computer ?? of course you can't see it - you told it not to!
Because thats what the instructions say to do so you can browse the files on the TT with windows explorer. Is that an error in the instructions?

Yes.

You have to say yes, otherwise it stays off-line. You can then use windows explorer, or open up TT home. If you say no, the unit operates as if it was docked but not connected.

When connected, you will not see the normal GPS screen with the streets, you will only see a splash scrren with an image of a device.

Try it.

Yes.

You have to say yes, otherwise it stays off-line. You can then use windows explorer, or open up TT home. If you say no, the unit operates as if it was docked but not connected.

When connected, you will not see the normal GPS screen with the streets, you will only see a splash scrren with an image of a device.

Try it.
Thanks...I'll give it a try when I get home. Update...that worked....so much for following the instructions. I'll wing it from now on.

Last edited:

Ask a Question