TomTom 3rd - Itinerary

I've had my TomTom one for about 2 weeks and have basically "played" with it. No trips yet. Out of the box it has some interesting features that go well beyond my old Garmin eMap. However I am a bit disappointed in something about the interface. Oddly enough I can't quite put my finger on it (no pun intended). I seem to wander through the menus hunting for a function. Once I take a deep breath and settle down I can usually find things yet it seems to continue to happen. Oh well...that's a personal problem.

My question is this - I've created itinerary files using Tyre and loaded them into the TomTom using Tyre. I cannot find a menu option on the TomTom to save a used route or load one that I've dropped in with Tyre.

I've seen some posts about menu hacks and although I'll probably try this - I think it's a bit ridiculous. Which group of people designing a automotive GPS would think that the ability to build an itinerary, load and save them would be less popular than finding HELP???

Can I load these itinerary files without hackng my menu?

Thanks

Go to Itinerary Planning and then select Options. You can save and load an Itinerary from there.

There are a lot of menu choices and they are sometimes hard to find. After you use the TT for awhile it gets easier. There is a program called TTMenu that lets you move them around but I would not suggest using it until you have some experience using the TT.

i don't believe the 3rd edition has itinerary planning native to the menu options. although you can add it with menu hacks.

I've had my TomTom one for about 2 weeks and have basically "played" with it. No trips yet. Out of the box it has some interesting features that go well beyond my old Garmin eMap. However I am a bit disappointed in something about the interface. Oddly enough I can't quite put my finger on it (no pun intended). I seem to wander through the menus hunting for a function. Once I take a deep breath and settle down I can usually find things yet it seems to continue to happen. Oh well...that's a personal problem.

My question is this - I've created itinerary files using Tyre and loaded them into the TomTom using Tyre. I cannot find a menu option on the TomTom to save a used route or load one that I've dropped in with Tyre.

I've seen some posts about menu hacks and although I'll probably try this - I think it's a bit ridiculous. Which group of people designing a automotive GPS would think that the ability to build an itinerary, load and save them would be less popular than finding HELP???

Can I load these itinerary files without hackng my menu?

Thanks
Look here, thanks to Birdman!
http://home.comcast.net/~spheasant1/Custom_menu.html

Ask a Question