TomTom One 3rd Edition - Can't change Car Symbol

I have the car icon program working for my TTG "Classic", and the trick in my case was to reboot my computer after installing TomTomHeavenExplorer. All other directions (art/cars folders on the TTG card, install program with the TTG Go attached and on) were followed, but until I rebooted my computer after the install, no TT device was detected.

Happy Holidays!

thanks its works. but how do i get the arrow back . it not listed anymore.:confused:

As I said in my write-up, you should have made a backup copy of your settings.dat file as this program will overwrite it.

Look for one of your backups on your PC and put that one in a safe place. All you need to do is copy this file to your TomTom and overwrite the one that has your custom car.

As I said in my write-up, you should have made a backup copy of your settings.dat file as this program will overwrite it.

Look for one of your backups on your PC and put that one in a safe place. All you need to do is copy this file to your TomTom and overwrite the one that has your custom car.
do u have a right up on this . thanks

icon001.jpg

my golf on my TTone Us-Canada

Thanks!

tomtom for Taiwan is a special version

I called customer service in Taiwan. They said Chinese language is so special, They made some change in program.
I think it is impossible to change car icon!

Last edited:
Tomtom One

Hi
I can not change my arrow, tomtom heavenexplorer will communicate fine with the device but when I go to preference and try to pick 3D maps, I do not get any error in the tomtom but everytime I go to that menu is back to 2D so, I f I do not use 3D then cannot change cursor but I do not know how to force 3D maps to work.....
Any advice??

Maps Usa and canada 715.1712
Thanks

Hgarca089

OKKKK

Finally I got it to work!!!!
TT Heaven explorer creates a folder named TTH in the root of the tomtom device and there will create the modified settings.dat file and supposed to copy that file to the root of the TT but in my case that file was not copied to the root, I just copied manually and got the new cursor, BTW inside this tth folder there is another folder named settings-ok with the original settings.dat file (before changing cursor) if you put that one back you will get your blue arrow back!!!!

Last edited:
hgarca089! Congragulations!

I am the same situration like you, but I did follow to your hints: copied manually. But, my tomtom one xl.s called me to log on again, SO my modified settings.dat retured back to original settings.dat file. I go crazying!

My tomtom for Taiwan JUST can't accept any modified by TT Heaven explorer, So it reseted again and again!

Last edited:
hgarca089! Congragulations!

I am the same situration like you, but I did follow to your hints: copied manually. But, my tomtom one xl.s called me to log on again, SO my modified settings.dat retured back to original settings.dat file. I go crazying!

My tomtom for Taiwan JUST can't accept any modified by TT Heaven explorer, So it reseted again and again!

It happened to me too , so I uninstall heavenxplorer and reinstalled it again and everything was fine (with the manual copying...)

hgarca089, thank you for your reply.
I uninstall heavenxplorer and reinstalled it again, but it's not ok.
It call me to RESET again, and Nothing happen, arrow is still arrow!

Anybody make any progress with the arrow remaining an arrow? I installed the program and everything seemed to work fine, but the arrow remains an arrow. I tried the manual copy, but the file reverts back to the original at some point in the process. I do not get any errors during the process, either.

GOT IT!

After two nights of trying to find a fix and bricking the system once, I finally got my custom cursor to work. Now, this may not help anybody, but I'll post the rather desperate steps, just in case they would help someone else who may eventually run into this problem. As always, back up the unit first. With your TT connected, get rid of any previous versions of tthxplrr and get the one from here: http://www.ozpoi.com/Change_tomtom_go_&_one_car_symbol.html. Once unzipped, run the setup file, then install the program. This should install the required folders and an X-mas tree arrow on the unit. Close the program and put your 80x80 bitmap in the "cars" folder on the unit. Now, you risk not being able to revert to the blue arrow this way, but at this point I didn't care. Plus, the backup would have it anyway. Open the program again and click on the image you want. I don't know how much this is needed, but since I forgot to let the writting stop a couple times before hitting the next button, this is the order I went: save, repair, apply, repair, apply, repair, apply (who knows, maybe it's the special secret code). Anyway, after that, close the program and safely eject your unit.

Now, I'm no genius, but I'm no dummy either. I realize this process probably sounds absurd, but it worked for me. For some reason, no matter which version of tthxplrr I used or what process I used, the original settings.dat would revert to the original. Having gotten it to finally work (once at least), I am hesitant to test this any further. However, I would guess a simple save, repair and apply would be sufficient.

Last edited:

Ask a Question