TomTom One 3rd Edition - Can't change Car Symbol

It has version 7.161 and there is no option to change car symbols...
The art folder with the cars subfolder was there, but when I put the symbols in there, the option still isn't anywhere to be found...

any ideas on what's wrong?

I'm having a hard time understanding why....

nothing on the box said anything about not including any features... in fact it just said includes navcore 7

according to everyone else, navcore 7 lets you change your car symbol... and the fact that It came with the folders for changing the car symbol... i feel cheated...
anyone know how to unlock this feature then?

absolutely, i browsed the files, and the art folder is there with a cars subfolder...
so I made a symbol and dropped it in... and nothing happened...

I'm just confused as to why its there if I can't use it...
must be able to use it somehow...

have to be able to unlock it someway...

well i'm a little ticked now, because i was not aware that a 'lite' version came with my device...
I'll be bringing that up when I speak to tomtom or the place i bought it when I ask for a refund...

the main difference between the 2 units the SD card slot and the v3 doesn't have the manage POI and Itn option as default.

that's all fine and dandy.. but where was this information on tomtom's site?
I don't see it anywhere
nor was it on the box.

Still feel cheated.

So exactly what are the differences between the two versions of Navcore 7? Is it possible to load the full featured version on a One XLS?

So exactly what are the differences between the two versions of Navcore 7? Is it possible to load the full featured version on a One XLS?

I have the LE and I am wondering this too, before I updated this thing I did have the car symbol button there....now it's not there. Hmm.

Cannot Change Car Icon on TomTom One V3

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but there is no folder in Version 3 of the TomTom One to change the car icon. I searched all of the files and folders in my unit and cannot find any files to change the car, not even the default arrow. Has anyone found a workaround for this yet?

Hello ankh81

This has been discussed a lot actually, but the units that can change the car icon is the 520/720/920 units. All other units don't have that ability.

still doesn't really say much, just says features may differ... doesn't say how...
still lame... I'm going to roll my version back to factory, to see if I can change it there... you might want to do that with your LE I bet it will show back up.

I don't understand why such a small feature, would be removed from the lite version...
that doesn't really make it much lighter....

still doesn't really say much, just says features may differ... doesn't say how...
still lame... I'm going to roll my version back to factory, to see if I can change it there... you might want to do that with your LE I bet it will show back up.

I don't understand why such a small feature, would be removed from the lite version...
that doesn't really make it much lighter....

I agree with you there.

I wonder if you could just replace the stock arrow with the bmp you would want to use, naming it the same as the arrow was so when it looks for an icon there it is. Hmm. I'm gonna go get my toy really quickly, I'll be back to share my findings.

I agree with you there.

I wonder if you could just replace the stock arrow with the bmp you would want to use, naming it the same as the arrow was so when it looks for an icon there it is. Hmm. I'm gonna go get my toy really quickly, I'll be back to share my findings.

I've not found any obvious traces of that arrow. :mad:

Ask a Question