TomTom One 3rd Edition - Can't change Car Symbol

Is there a way to put the full verison of navcore 7 on a TomTom One 3rd edition? If so, would it affect my current map?

there is but its a pain...

does anyone know if you can change the car symbols on the tomtom one LE?

if so I'm swapping mine out today

okay on another thread I've read a lot about modding your tomtom to add features...

one of the things was to be able to rearrange and 'unlock' hidden menu items...

as of right now however know one seems to know what the names of the hidden menu items are... but some features in the higher end models can be unlocked... makes you wonder how "light" the light version really is...

also they talked about swapping out the internal storage of the tomtoms...
apparently its a 1 gig compact flash card... that can be copied, and the files placed on a larger card to increase storage...

that's all fine and dandy.. but where was this information on tomtom's site?
I don't see it anywhere
nor was it on the box.

Still feel cheated.

Cheated? You paid what?

The extra features would be nice but I paid $105 at Staples and don't feel cheated at all.

Cheated? You paid what?

The extra features would be nice but I paid $105 at Staples and don't feel cheated at all.

I feel cheated because I purposly waited to buy a GPS until little features like this were implimented... and when I found out that N7 included these features, I looked on tomtom's site to see which models came with N7, and TT1 3rd was listed as one that came with N7 , didn't say ANYTHING about N7 lite....
that's why I feel cheated.

So the LE model, since it comes with N7 FULL do you get to change your car symbol?

I feel cheated because I purposly waited to buy a GPS until little features like this were implimented... and when I found out that N7 included these features, I looked on tomtom's site to see which models came with N7, and TT1 3rd was listed as one that came with N7 , didn't say ANYTHING about N7 lite....
that's why I feel cheated.

So the LE model, since it comes with N7 FULL do you get to change your car symbol?

I have no idea about the LE model... I have a TT ONE 3rd Ed like you.

Just because something has a particular OS version installed is no reason to assume all features would automatically be implemented across all models.

There is nothing on my TT ONE 3rd ED box about changing the car icon so I never assumed it was possible. I looked at the web site and used the demo in the store so I knew exactly what I was getting. $105 is an excellent value.

well the reason I'm led to believe all this is when I first installed home on my pc and connected my tomtom, a "tip" popped up telling me how to change my car symbol... that's reason 1
the other thing is that without any modification, my tomtom came with a Art folder and a Cars subfolder...

and actually, many people have managed to unearth some hidden features of their 3rd editions, but not the car symbol for some reason, without loading a cracked version of the nav software... which i don't want to do... I want to retain my version, just unearth the menu item, which IS actually Installed on all versions... basically these menu items, are just hidden away on the lite versions... not eliminated... so it brings new meaning to the word 'lite' when it doesn't mean its takes up less space, just has features hidden.

well the reason I'm led to believe all this is when I first installed home on my pc and connected my tomtom, a "tip" popped up telling me how to change my car symbol... that's reason 1
the other thing is that without any modification, my tomtom came with a Art folder and a Cars subfolder...

and actually, many people have managed to unearth some hidden features of their 3rd editions, but not the car symbol for some reason, without loading a cracked version of the nav software... which i don't want to do... I want to retain my version, just unearth the menu item, which IS actually Installed on all versions... basically these menu items, are just hidden away on the lite versions... not eliminated... so it brings new meaning to the word 'lite' when it doesn't mean its takes up less space, just has features hidden.

You don't have too many options and continuing to complain about it isn't helping very much.

you asked/challenged so I explained... that's all

If you don't like it, then you can ignore this thread... sorry man, just fishing for that uber modder out there that knows the answer, that's all.

you asked/challenged so I explained... that's all

If you don't like it, then you can ignore this thread... sorry man, just fishing for that uber modder out there that knows the answer, that's all.

There's no other $100 dollar GPS out there that offers this many features with this level of customizability.

I'd love to find the guy that has hacked into the TT Map files so I can make changes/additions too complex for Mapshare but I haven't found him yet. Meanwhile I'm not throwing too many tantrums about it.

As far as this thread... I'll read what I want and ignore what I want. But in my opinion claiming you got "cheated" because you can't change the car icon is a little ridiculous. You can still return the item to the store, right? Then you're back where you started and nobody got "cheated".

Then don't whine about the contents of the thread

You seem really bitter about this whole car icon thing.

You don't have too many options but if complaining and whining about getting cheated is what you think will help you the most, by all means keep doing it. If you expect a TT fan-boy to come to your aid after all that TT bashing, then good luck. ;)

LE has full navcore not just light..

I have an LE and cannot change this option.

And sparky, if you don't like the posts in this thread just ignore it. I don't see any "tantrums" in this thread, you're blowing it out of proportion to make yourself look a little higher on the totem pole....I think that's more annoying than any sort of complaint (which is justified in my opinion).

thanks spaz for confirming the LE technically isn't "FULL" either... just has a cool sd slot that I wish I had...

Now I just need to find out what the inside of my One looks like before I crack it open to replace the internal storage...
anyone already gutted one?

And sparky, if you don't like the posts in this thread just ignore it. I don't see any "tantrums" in this thread, you're blowing it out of proportion to make yourself look a little higher on the totem pole....I think that's more annoying than any sort of complaint (which is justified in my opinion).

(if you're annoyed, take your own advice and ignore it.)

I have every right here to challenge somebody that claims he got cheated by TomTom when all he has to do is return the unit for full refund. This is a "discussion" forum after all.

Bank on topic: From what you're saying, since you have an LE (with "full" Nav 7) and don't have this option that maybe it's specific to model and not whether the OS is "lite".

Ask a Question