tomtom error.

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One XL
Hi,I updated my tomtom sotware on monday to the 2.5 update since then when i go and open the software from desktop icon a box pops up with a red cross stating::HOMERuntime.exe-Entry point not found,Then under that is ::The procedure entry point is thread desktop composited could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll.
When i click the ok tab on this box it dissapears and tomtom software opens up okay.I have uninstalled it twice and re installed from tomtom home website but no joy,Have also run registry cleaners etc but its still there any help please.Have also got intouch with tomtom their result was as follows:

If you receive an error when you open TomTom Home with your device connected, then please do the following:-

Connect your TomTom to the computer
Open My Computer
You will see the TomTom a a removable disk
Right click on it and choose 'Properties'
Click on the Tools tab
Where it says 'Error Checking' and click on 'Check Now'
A box will appear, click both the options for 'Automatically fix file system errors' and 'Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
Click on Start to do a disk error check.

Please confirm if this has fixed your issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if that doesn't work please do the following:

STEP 1 Uninstall TomTom Home

Disconnect your TomTom from your computer.
Click on Start -> All Programs -> TomTom
Uninstall All versions of TomTom Home from your PC
On your PC, click on 'Start -> Run'
In the box that appears, type '%appdata%' and press Enter.
A new box appears and you should see a folder called 'TomTom' Please delete this folder

Open 'My Computer'.

Right click on your 'C' drive and click on 'Search'
in the boxes below where it says 'All or part of the filename', type 'Navcore' in this box.
Further down, click on 'More Advanced Options'
Make sure 'Search System Folders' and 'Search Hidden Files and Folders' are ticked.
Click on Search

When the search has completed. Delete any files or folders that are found in the search results. Once complete, we need to remove any items on your PC that refer to TomTom, to do this:-

Open 'My Computer'.
Right click on your 'C' drive and click on 'Search'
in the boxes below where it says 'All or part of the filename', type 'TomTom' in this box.
Further down, click on 'More Advanced Options'
Make sure 'Search System Folders' and 'Search Hidden Files and Folders' are ticked.
Click on Search

When the search has completed, delete any files or folders that are found in the search results.

Once done, reboot your PC.

STEP 2 Perform Some PC Maintenance.

Empty your Recycle Bin, on your desktop, right click on the recycle bin and choose 'Empty'.
Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools
Do a Disk Cleanup, in the disk cleanup options, make sure all the items are ticked. You will see this after it has analyzed your PC.
Once finished, do a Disk Defragment.
When the Disk Defragment has finished, please reboot your computer.

These procedures can take a while to complete, depending on the status of your computer.

STEP 3 Reinstall TomTom Home

Close down any programs you have open on your computer
Close down any firewalls and Anti Virus scanners
Go to click here and download and install the latest version of TomTom Home from this webpage.

STEP 4 Open TomTom Home

Open TomTom Home without the device connected. Do you get any error messages at this point?
Connect your TomTom to one of the USB ports on the back of your PC
Switch the TomTom on. Do you get any error messages at this point when you open TomTom Home?

Please reply back and state what happens.

With Best Regards
Tammy
The TomTom Customer Support Team

Well i tried all the above info without any joy.:confused:

Can you do this for me, please?

Check in Control panel-->Add/Remove Programs, whether you have any listing for DOT NET FRAMEWORK installed.

If not, go to this link, get the software, dl and install.

Then try Home again.

Many thanks for reply,I checked up on your idea and no it was not installed,the only ones i had was
microsoft net framework 1.1
microsoft net framework 1.1 hotfix [KB928366]
microsoft net framework 2.0 sp1
microsoft net framework 3.0 sp1

now i have installed your link i now have
microsoft net framework 3.5sp1.

tried tomtom home and that annoying box still there.Thankyou any further thoughts please.I'm in the UK.

ScreenShot010.jpg

Can you uninstall Home completely and download a new version from TomTom and try the reinstall again?

This is what I am getting 7 out of 10 times that I connect to TT home. If I click ok it then proceeds to search for updates and it does allow me to install them. Not a big issue but more of a nuisance.

I was just wondering if anyone else gets this message.

picture002.jpg

Didn't happen here, GarCor, but that often is an indication of server error. Try later.

Save yourself some time. I have done everything, and I mean absolutely everything that TomTom suggest (which is in line with the suggestions above). I have done this on three different PCs - one with XP SP2, one with XP SP3 and one with Vista. I get the same error on every machine. I called TomTom tech support and spent a half a day working with them. In the end, even they suggested installed v2.2 and see how that goes. You can get 2.2 if you Google it. You can't get it off TomTom site. After installing 2.2, everything works perfectly fine.

If you read TomTom's suggestions, it is clear they have not got a clue what this bug is. Their suggestions are a "straw clutch". I mean, CheckDisk and Defrag, really, like they will do anything.

I am happy now all is working but very frustrated in the level of knowledge shown by TomTom in regards to their software bugs.

My advice, get v2.2 as qucik as you can.

Hope this helps.

Ask a Question